1 Posts

Click Clack Lumberjack» Forums » Reviews

Subject: 20X Reviews #15 - Click Clack Lumberjack After 20 Plays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Barringer
United States
flag msg tools
Check out a Geeklist containing all my other reviews here: 20X Reviews - A Geeklist

Time to 20 Plays: 5 Months

How to Play: Click Clack Lumberjack is basically reverse Jenga. On a turn, players must strike a plastic tree with a plastic axe twice. They want pieces of the bark to fall off, which scores either 1 or 2 points per piece, but they don’t want sections of the tree’s rings to come off; this loses the active player 5 points. More often than not, you’ll count up points when one clumsy oaf manages to knock most of the tree’s rings off.

I've played it so much because:
1. It’s dumb fun. Along with Telestrations and many others, Click Clack Lumberjack is the type of game you should play two or three times and then put it away for the day. Everyone will have fun, but it will overstay its welcome after much more than that.
2. It’s a great five-minute filler. This is an excellent humorous distraction between heavy games. When we marathoned through Pandemic Legacy Season 1 in 2016, we gave ourselves brain breaks playing Click Clack and similar games.
3. It’s a surprise for new players. When I show people the axe and tree, they’re immediately intrigued.
4. It’s a kids’ game and an adults’ game. Even a toddler could understand the game’s rules, but adults enjoy it, too. I’ve especially enjoyed watching players who have had a few drinks; it’s probably more fun under the influence, if you go for that sort of thing.

I'd play it more if:
1. the component quality was better. Don’t take this complaint too seriously. The plastic is fine, but I’d enjoy wood more. However, I wouldn’t pay more for wood.
2. if there was more to the game. Click Clack Lumberjack is what it is, a fun and quick filler. Nothing more. The variability is low, and the replay ability is probably limited, as well.

Overall: I’ve rated Click Clack Lumberjack a 7/10 because of the hilarious times I’ve had playing it. This rating comes with the caveat that I will never play more than four or five times in a row, which totals fifteen minutes. It works best as a children’s game (watch for choking hazards), a filler between longer games, or a silly dexterity game.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.