Popular Tags: seattle [+] [View All]
Julie DuBois
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Hi,

It's time for another Seattle Boardgame Gathering! Since the June event is this Saturday, I'm also posting the date & time for the September event. The June event will be in Greenwood (just down the street from Gary's Games). The September event will be on Capitol Hill.

If you're able to attend, please RSVP either by posting in the appropriate thread or by sending me a geekmail. Both locations have room for about 30 gamers, so I expect there'll be room for anyone who wants to attend. The format is open gaming, although feel free to arrange games in advance on this thread. I'd be happy to bring any games from my collection that you're interested in playing. I suspect others might feel the same way, so feel free to post your game requests in this thread too.

SEATTLE BOARDGAME GATHERING
Saturday, June 16, 2007
10:30 AM - 4:30 PM
8016 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103
(Greenwood Branch Library Meeting Room)
"This event is not sponsored by The Seattle Public Library."
RSVP by posting in this thread or by geekmail.

The next Seattle gathering will be on September 15, 2007:
Saturday, September 15, 2007
10:30 AM - 4:30 PM
(This event is at a different location.)
Please see the thread for this event for more details:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/170565

The meeting room for the June event is on the main floor, near the entrance, and is wheelchair-accessible. I don't forsee any problems with noise. (We'll keep the meeting room door closed.) Do please keep your voices down when entering and exiting the library itself.

The following are some rules, both the library's and mine. They could go without saying, but by stating them I hope to avoid misunderstandings and unpleasant surprises:

Since the event is at a library there are a few Seattle Public Library rules. None of these are overly restrictive. Just common sense stuff like: return the room on-time, clean, and undamaged; put away tables and chairs; only non-commercial use (no selling, advertising, collecting of money, etc.); no flame or smoke producing activities; no alcoholic beverages. "This event is not sponsored by The Seattle Public Library."

In addition to the library rules I have a few simple requests of my own:
1) The library allows beverages (non-alcoholic) and light snacks in the meeting room, but will charge for damages or excessive cleaning. Please help me by cleaning up any accidental spills and promptly alerting me to their occurance.
2) Please check with the owner of the game you are playing before consuming any snacks or beverages in the presence of their games. Some people are OK with it and others aren't - please be respectful of the game owner's wishes.
3) If you wish to have a meal, please consume it outside the library and meeting room.
4) This event is open to the public. It has only been announced to BGG and a few local game groups. I doubt we will attract any non-gaming members of the general public. However, if someone unfamiliar with boardgames does inquire what we're doing, please be courteous and point them in the direction of your favorite gateway game.

At the last Seattle Boardgame Gathering http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1440284 people arrived and left when it was convenient for them and the timing seemed to work out pretty well with no one waiting very long for a game to get started. There were lots of games to choose from. Here's the list of games we played:
Stephenson's Rocket
Tyros
Hamsterrolle
Factory Fun
Canal Mania
Himalaya
Iliad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrrgh...

And once again, you've chosen a weekend where I'm out of town...cry

Maybe the September one then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Silva
msg tools
Sign me up. I missed the last one, but hope to make this one. Thanks for organizing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Beeler
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Pretty soon, you've been around long enough that you're old.
badge
Why am I the only one who has that dream?
mbmbmbmbmb
Missed the last one...will miss this one due to camping trip. Maybe the next one, but it's doubtful since it's two days before my birthday and we'll probably have plans. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Satterfield
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live right around the corner and I'm always looking for warm bodies to play games with. Am I just supposed to show up? It's not formal dress or anything, right? Are there any secret passwords or handshakes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie DuBois
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
It might have been helpful if I included the link to the September thread in my original post. shake
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/170565

Brad, it's like I've got some sort of wacky ESP. Sorry about that (again). I'm trying to announce the details for the next event farther in advance. Although, sometimes even advanced notice doesn't mean that you'll be able to make it, as in Nathan's case.

Perhaps I'll see you both at Dragonflight in August.

Julie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie DuBois
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
casaba wrote:
Sign me up. I missed the last one, but hope to make this one. Thanks for organizing it.

I've never been introduced to a casaba before, I'm looking forward to it!

claysatt wrote:
I live right around the corner and I'm always looking for warm bodies to play games with. Am I just supposed to show up? It's not formal dress or anything, right? Are there any secret passwords or handshakes?

Hmm, formal dress for a gamer...that's like jeans and a tuxedo t-shirt? Nah, you can wear any shirt you like. No secret handshakes either. You'll know us to be gamers by our totebags full of games!

Seriously, just show up and introduce yourself. (After posting in this thread that you're coming of course - which you've done.)

Cheers,

Julie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
juliedb wrote:

You'll find out why his name is 'casaba' once you crack open his skull.

Is there any point in my saying, "I'm going to try to make it"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie DuBois
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
EvilTimmy wrote:
juliedb wrote:

You'll find out why his name is 'casaba' once you crack open his skull.

laugh

EvilTimmy wrote:
Is there any point in my saying, "I'm going to try to make it"

Yes, because then I'll know how many people to hopefully expect and others will know who might be coming. (I doubt it will jinx you, but then there's Murphy's Law...so thanks for taking the risk!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest S
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Julie,

Please put me down as a ‘maybe’. I'd be glad to meet some new (to me) local gamers and try some new games... or play the old ones again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I certainly can’t complain about the location — That’s just a few blocks from my house! Anyone have requests for games I should bring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie DuBois
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
bigeeh wrote:
Hello Julie,

Please put me down as a ‘maybe’. I'd be glad to meet some new (to me) local gamers and try some new games... or play the old ones again.

Hi Ernest,

Hope to see you there. I'll try to bring some of those new games you'd like to try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Sheppard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang. I'll be at the Solstice Parade. I'll shoot for September.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Herington
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Figures I would find this just after it happened. Perhaps September...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.