GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,308 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Relic: Nemesis» Forums » General

Subject: Cant find this anywhere. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith
msg tools
mbmbmb
Except ebay for around $130.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not surprised that the price has shot up. FFG doesn't have the 40k license anymore, so unless GW releases this in a different form, it may stay at an elevated price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crap, I have extra copies of Relic, Nemesis, and HallsOfTerra that I purchased just to raid the mini-bust stands from. I should probably get these on ebay although without the stands they will go much cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go check meeplemart.com I'm not sure how many copies they've got, but it's still in stock for $69Can. Good luck, although it's out of print, it's a great game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The funny thing is that the stands fit pretty poorly, so much so, that I don't think I'll ever use them...if I ever get the game to the table that is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JJ Sino wrote:
Go check meeplemart.com I'm not sure how many copies they've got, but it's still in stock for $69Can. Good luck, although it's out of print, it's a great game

That's the base game. The expansion is out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
The funny thing is that the stands fit pretty poorly, so much so, that I don't think I'll ever use them...if I ever get the game to the table that is.

If you mean they are an insanely tight fit such that even after you think the mini-bust is on, 80% chance it's not ... then I agree. It takes herculean effort to get some of them seated properly. Once I had al the busts painted, I wasn't about to be taking them on and off, so then I had to locate 20 stands

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qualm wrote:
JJ Sino wrote:

That's the base game. The expansion is out of stock.

Oh man! My bad Sorry guys. I must've clicked the wrong icon when searching for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

If you mean they are an insanely tight fit such that even after you think the mini-bust is on, 80% chance it's not ... then I agree. It takes herculean effort to get some of them seated properly. Once I had al the busts painted, I wasn't about to be taking them on and off, so then I had to locate 20 stands

Exactly. Just piss-poor design, in my opinion. Unless they have weightlifters in the assembly line, how does that get through QA? What stands did you find to replace them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream I dream alone is reality.
badge
When I cease to dream, you cease to exist.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiralmind wrote:
Except ebay for around $130.

I'm not surprised. I think most of the EBAY copies were ones that were snatched up during the FF Holiday sale. I was lucky enough to grab the game +both expansions myself. For a total of just over $40 it was a steal.

I wish I could say, you may have better luck in the future, but I think it's gonna come down to getting lucky and grabbing a copy when someone is looking to make shelf space, even then, it'll probably hover above MSRP unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
matthewabair wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

Exactly. Just piss-poor design, in my opinion. Unless they have weightlifters in the assembly line, how does that get through QA? What stands did you find to replace them?

I thought to 3d print my own. But then FFG had their xmas sale and that solved my issue. Now I have extra copies of game and expansion that are missing stands.

It means for any game you can't have _any_ combination of characters since the player colors are now set per character, but that is fine for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankie
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just run a file across the ball joint on the stands that plug into the busts a few times, then they fit just fine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bank
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus seems to be the only place that has some in stock right now. 6 copies left at the time of this posting. They are $31.99.

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/relic_nemesis/26...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
msg tools
mbmbmb
spathic wrote:
Cardhaus seems to be the only place that has some in stock right now. 6 copies left at the time of this posting. They are $31.99.

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/relic_nemesis/26...

Thank you, bought a full set on Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
herbert west
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I'm aware that I'm late to the party, but.. I just bought this new, off the shelf from my local game shop - £35.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite a few stores here in Australia stock it, if you are completely stuck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gab Pal
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
The best games ingeniously blend Euro and Ameritrash styles
badge
THE CAKE IS A LIE !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems Talisman is coming back into print since the FFG - GW split.

It is through a new publisher with GW.

Hopefully Relic will come back too.

EDIT:

And Forbidden Stars !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad Scientist wrote:
Seems Talisman is coming back into print since the FFG - GW split.

It is through a new publisher with GW.

Hopefully Relic will come back too.

EDIT:

And Forbidden Stars !

GW isn't new though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.