GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,927 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

C R
Germany
flag msg tools
I was wondering what would happen if two Ironbound stood next to each other. Do they use protect to defend their own kind? The app's infopanel states:

"Ironbound always use the effect of "Protect" on behalf of adjacent monsters,unless suffering the 1 heart would defeat the Ironbound. When Ironbound are instructed to engage a monster, they do not engage monsters that also have "Protect"."

I interpret that as a yes, which seems a little bit odd, since one ironbound protecting another is most of the time inefficient because they have the same defensepool plus they suffer 1 damage for executing "Protect".
I mean, technically i could always choose to attack the ironbound with the most health remaining triggering the one with the least health remaining to suffer 1 heart in order to protect him (presuming i have LOS and the protecting one has LOS to me), which just seems silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As a general rule, if the App tries to make the monsters do something that a human Overlord would'nt do, I generally just go with what an Overlord would do in the situation.

It may actually make sense for the minion Ironbound to protect the master Ironbound (or vice versa). For example, if an attack was likely to do a lot of damage, and the minion already had suffered some damage already, I would totally have the minion use Protect to ensure that the master remains at full health.

I'm not sure how you could "program" this kind of logic into the App's instructions - it's highly situational.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C R
Germany
flag msg tools
good point. I like the way you handle it. The A.I. should provide as much of a challenge as possible and I'm no fan of interpreting monsteractions and abilities in favor of the heroes, so I'll try to establish that general rule in our gaming group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Tang
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL, next we will all play using the "Grim Rule" that FFG introduced in Arkham Horror the Card Game.

The Grim Rule
If players are unable to find the answer to a rules or timing conflict
in this Rules Reference, resolve the conflict in the manner that
the players perceive as the worst possible at that moment with
regards to winning the scenario, and continue with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.