GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,823 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
55 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Tikal» Forums » General

Subject: Super Meeple edition rules in English rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone know if the new edition rules are different than the old ones?
Or is any new rules added?

Also, if someone can upload a English translated of the new French edition that'll be great

Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are EXACTLY the same. Only new components. You can use a printout of the Rio Grande English rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
veector wrote:
The rules are EXACTLY the same. Only new components. You can use a printout of the Rio Grande English rules.

Awesome, thanks for the info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick D
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be happy to do the Photoshop work if someone would like to translate what each paragraph in the new rule set says into text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rakasis wrote:
I would be happy to do the Photoshop work if someone would like to translate what each paragraph in the new rule set says into text.

Don't you guys learn French in Canada-School?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick D
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
French classes are mandated up until grade 10 or something but that doesn't mean you have to pay attention in class...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pas de soucis alors!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:

A valuable tip in general is to check the Files and Web Links modules on the main page of any game.

/weblink/50814/tikal-rules-rio-grande-games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
So the Super Meeple edition doesn't have the mini-Tikal variant for 2 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamredwoods wrote:

AFAIK that was a fan-made variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
adamredwoods wrote:

Several threads exist to show this. This one I found first today:

Re: Fort Worth Varient gone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Cordoba
msg tools
cglin222 wrote:
Does anyone know if the new edition rules are different than the old ones?
Or is any new rules added?

Also, if someone can upload a English translated of the new French edition that'll be great

Thanks!!

I started working on it. I downloaded Adobe Pro trial edition, which lets you edit pdf files. Unfortunately, I ran out of time, since they only give you 7 days to try it out. So it is 75% finished. Send me a message, if you would like to take a look at it. Perhaps someone here can do the awesome job of finishing it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.supermeeple.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Regles...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick D
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was excited for this but it's just the French rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rakasis wrote:
I was excited for this but it's just the French rules.

If you're looking for a pdf of English rules - is there any reason you can't just use the rules downloadable here?

http://riograndegames.com/Game/191-Tikal

Absolutely zero rules changes, right? So this should work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
veector wrote:
adamredwoods wrote:

Several threads exist to show this. This one I found first today:

Re: Fort Worth Varient gone?

That thread does lead to a 2-player variant.
But it's worth noting there is another quite popular fan-made 2-player "mini-tikal" variant, in the files section rather than in the weblinks section:
Mini-Tikal 1.01.pdf
I'm not sure how similar they are, but they seem to be created by different people.

I don't know of any actual release of Tikal (RGG, etc) that had a mini/2-player variant; these have all been fan-created I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick D
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My impression was that this thread was about creating a document that could be printed that would match the graphic design of the newest version of the game. I have the rules printed and in my copy. It just looks terrible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick D
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could easily photoshop a blank version of the new rulebook. It's the literal translation of each section that proves a challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rakasis wrote:
I could easily photoshop a blank version of the new rulebook. It's the literal translation of each section that proves a challenge.
Google Translate does a decent translation if you copy section by section. I did this for my own use, and each piece could be put in place fairly easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zomby woof
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry to disagree, but there is at least one change in "Super Meeple"'s Tikal's rules. Actually the expedition leader generally counts as 1 in a basic majority determination on a hexagone, its value gets to 3 only and only if one wants to place a temple guard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilderness War Warrior
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the old and new rule in french, the player need to have a expedition member in the hexagon to establish a new camp. I like this rule even if it seems to be a old rule translation error (difference between "kein" and "ein").

We always play with the rule that the expedition leader is of 3 value in every majority (guardian and scoring) even if it didn't seems to be the rule intent (we need someone to read the old german rule page 7 "Allerdings zählt der Expeditionsleiter, wennes um Expeditionsmehrheiten an Tempeln geht, so viel wie3 Expeditionsteilnehmer", the new french one are clear we are wrong). Perhaps we just assumed falsely all this years. But i won't change the way we play.

Final round scoring precision: the first player to begin his final round scoring is the one to the left of the player that placed the last hexagon.

Edit:

here: https://www.trictrac.net/forum/sujet/tikal-chef-et-majorite?...

a SuperMeeple representative said that the expedition leader count as 3 for majority for scoring and temple takeover. So we played correctly and the new french rules are currently misleading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombywoof wrote:
Sorry to disagree, but there is at least one change in "Super Meeple"'s Tikal's rules. Actually the expedition leader generally counts as 1 in a basic majority determination on a hexagone, its value gets to 3 only and only if one wants to place a temple guard.

We always played that the leader is always 3-value. In the rules, I thought that they mentioned it in the "guard" section because that's the first place in the rules that "expedition strength" is mentioned, so they're kind of defining "expedition strength" at the same time (admittedly, not the most organized way to do it). But, the rules don't restrict the 3-value explicitly to the guard-placing scenario.

Can you point to some FAQ or rules post or designer post or something from the original rules that states that the leader is only 1-value in non-guard-placement situations, in the original rules? Definitely news to me, if so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Invité wrote:

here: https://www.trictrac.net/forum/sujet/tikal-chef-et-majorite?...

a SuperMeeple representative said that the expedition leader count as 3 for majority for scoring and temple takeover. So we played correctly and the new french rules are currently misleading.

Oh I see, so the other poster was saying it's the new rules that the leader is only 1 point, not the old rules. I misunderstood.

Has SuperMeeple stated that there are no rules changes in the new edition, just to clear things up?
(Or, itemize the new rules changes maybe?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilderness War Warrior
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think that the only rule change is that you need a expedition member in the hexagon where you want to establish a camp.

They say it is official and that W. Kramer validates it.

see this link:

https://www.trictrac.net/forum/sujet/tikal-installer-un-camp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zomby woof
msg tools
mbmbmb
My bad,

I've checked the link on the french forum and I am not the only who has been missleaded by the rules booklet and it's been quite a debate. The problem is in two sentences: one saying (in "add an explorer", "remarks" section) that the leader is refeared as a standard explorer and a second one in the "settle a guard section" saying in these words (translated from french)" in that case the leader is worth 3 points".

Sorry and thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.