GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,263 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: First game group meeting tonight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really excited as tonight will be my first foray into a gaming group. This should be a great experience for my girlfriend and I to meet other gamers and get our hands on some games we haven't seen/played before. I really expect this to increase our love of gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL! You got that right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    How many people? I play in a small group -- five on a good night, so there isn't much variation. I'm considering going to one of the "community" game groups one of these nights.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlee Dise
United States
Triangle
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope its a lot of fun for you. My fiance and I host a regular weekly game night at our house and we enjoy it alot. We meet a lot of people. We usually have 12 people (we limit it to 12) although this time of year attendence slacks offf because of the nice weather and we've only been getting 6-8 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they usually have 4 or 5. I was informed we will be playing Citadels and Power Grid to start, and if time allows, For Sale and a German game I can't remember. I'm psyched because I've always wanted to try Citadels. This will give me a good opportunity to see if it will be any good for my family as well.

How difficult is PG and Citadels? I'm just a bit worried PG might be too heavy for my girlfriend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmb
Awesome, have fun! I've had a surprising amount of success teaching Power Grid to non-gamers. Let us know what you think about Citadels with 6 players. If you enjoy having a lot of time between turns to chat, read a book, etc., Citadels certainly offers plenty of opportunities for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
I'm just a bit worried PG might be too heavy for my girlfriend.

She'll do fine as long as you don't let her read the rulebook. The rules are easy, the rulebook is hard.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just make sure to give us a follow-up report on how things went.
I want to try and get together with a local group that meets on Fridays but my days off change weekly and it is so hard to try and get myself there.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.