GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,111 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
40 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Arcadia Quest: Inferno» Forums » General

Subject: Anything you regret not adding to your pledge? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
My list:
* Dragon Bundle
* Classic Guild Dice

And to a lesser extend:
* plastic token pack
cry

You?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny enough, I think I'm more regretting not getting the Chest upgrade pack from Masmorra, for Arcadia Quest. In light of the new, janky Healing well tile issue.

I do feel a bit of jealousy towards those getting all of the extra dragons... but I think I made a good choice by not getting them. I'll be surprised if I even get to to the one included Dragon scenario considering how rarely I actually finish a campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddi F
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pet Pack 1 + 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was so sure that I had added extra dices but apparently I had not cry

Maybe I mixed this up with Masmorra's extra dice pack... Oh well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, because I went all in on this one as I missed on AQ the first time around. I got extra dice, the heroes I was missing,dragon bundle, classic guild bags and inferno guild bags, plastic tokens, pets expansion etc. yeah, it was pretty bad the amount of money I threw at this game.

I'd wait for people to receive their copies and then post that you are looking for the plastic token pack, I think I read some had bought it and then changed their mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter is SUPER excited for the pets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a second pledge to sell on ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
My list:
* Dragon Bundle
* Classic Guild Dice

And to a lesser extend:
* plastic token pack
cry

You?

I got everything so I didn't have regrets (well, not counting my wife finding out). blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought everything except the stuff that will be at retail later so I really don't have any regrets. Sure I might have to wait a few months to get some of the extras, but nothing important anyway.

Don't feel too bad about missing the classic guild dice pack. They will almost certainly reprint them again. I was actually annoyed by the fact that it only contains one die for each guild so I skipped that one anyway. If they had full sets of dice in the guild colors it might be interesting, but having to but 6+ packs in order to get them is annoying at best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
I bought everything except the stuff that will be at retail later so I really don't have any regrets. Sure I might have to wait a few months to get some of the extras, but nothing important anyway.

Don't feel too bad about missing the classic guild dice pack. They will almost certainly reprint them again. I was actually annoyed by the fact that it only contains one die for each guild so I skipped that one anyway. If they had full sets of dice in the guild colors it might be interesting, but having to but 6+ packs in order to get them is annoying ati best.
wouldn't you have to buy 4 sets either way? To have a complete set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio M
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wait, is there an option "I regret adding too much" instead?

... Nah, it's oright. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but boy did I spend more than my "usual".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm definitely thinking the reverse. I'm not so sure I need the dragon expansions. Gameplay-wise they're a full deviation from how the rest of the game is played. Which is neat if we want to fight them separately but I'm not sure how often we'll want to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrProfHazzmatt wrote:
I'm definitely thinking the reverse. I'm not so sure I need the dragon expansions. Gameplay-wise they're a full deviation from how the rest of the game is played. Which is neat if we want to fight them separately but I'm not sure how often we'll want to do that.

Not to mention where the feck are we gonna store them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrProfHazzmatt wrote:

Well .. I definitely keep myself recommended if you want to re-sell them! laugh

Carcking wrote:
I got everything so I didn't have regrets (well, not counting my wife finding out). blush

Well, that's one thing I don't worry about .. shereally likes the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Lundgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On one hand I regret not getting the pet pack but on the other I'm kinda glad I didn't get it since I don't think I won't get this to the table enough, especially now that it's gonna come at the same time as Masmorra and R&B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
a second pledge to sell on ebay.

With the amount of backers on this one and so much released in the AQ world at the same time, I'm guessing this isn't going sell that well. I bet extra backers are likely to just break even.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
NY
flag msg tools
I missed the boat on both the original AQ kickstarter and the inferno kickstarter (yeah i was living under a rock or something).

The $300 price tag people are asking on evilbay I wouldn't pay. $200 I'd think about ti just for exclusives but 3X the pledge amount? I'd say only really desperate collectors would pay for that.

As far as my regret? Yeah I regret not pledging!! I will not miss it again if a 3rd one comes out :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stylez777 wrote:
I missed the boat on both the original AQ kickstarter and the inferno kickstarter (yeah i was living under a rock or something).

The $300 price tag people are asking on evilbay I wouldn't pay. $200 I'd think about ti just for exclusives but 3X the pledge amount? I'd say only really desperate collectors would pay for that.

As far as my regret? Yeah I regret not pledging!! I will not miss it again if a 3rd one comes out :-)

Well, my kickstarter rang up to $300 when I included all the addons! If its a fair price depends on what is included in the auction. If its just the base pledge, I admit that is pretty steep.

That said, anyone using ebay has to be prepared for ebay and paypal fees to eat up 20% of the price, in addition to having to ship a massive box that isn't going to be at the kickstarter discount rate of "$10 anywhere in the US". Be prepared for all those costs to be passed onto the buyer.

If you purchase on BGG, in ameliorates the massive ebay fee (down to BGG's 3%), which is a big positive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
NY
flag msg tools
Yeah I will wait and see what develops over time. Right now, some serious price hikes in effect on ebay and many other places where people are trying to sell it (BGG included).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
msg tools
I regret not getting all the dragons. And I always regret not getting upgraded things like plastic tokens. But when I'm backing things I always look at the addons in comparison to what I'm getting in the basic pledge, and the value in the basic pledge is always so much better I skip any addon that I don't really really want at the time. Usually there are one or two that add something different or a really cool model that I get and I skip the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I regret not getting more restraint. I should have never ordered the dragons and some other add-ons. Now I'll need to go through the hassle of selling and shipping zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
I regret not getting more restraint. I should have never ordered the dragons and some other add-ons. Now I'll need to go through the hassle of selling and shipping zombie

No problem, I'm willing to help you getting rid of it .. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing, since I only ordered the KS exclusive stuff and can buy the rest at 25% off online later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
necroloid123 wrote:
Nothing, since I only ordered the KS exclusive stuff and can buy the rest at 25% off online later.

If the dragons are really $30 MSRP, then 25% off would be $22.50. Assuming you didn't have to pay shipping or tax in addition to that cost, then all three would run you $67.50.

For $2.50 more you'd have got 3 extra heroes and received it considerably sooner.

Unless you meant you expect to be able to get the dragons for 25% off the kickstarter price, which would be $18.75 or 37.5% off MSRP.

Anvil & Valma likely won't ever be cheaper either, and no guarantee the plastic token pack or guild tokens will be available later.

I'm not saying you should regret anything, just illustrating that I don't think it is as clear cut as suggesting you can get anything not KS exclusive later for 25% less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders
Norway
flag msg tools
I might regret getting an extra pledge of the base game.
The idea was to be able to play while I paint one set, have spare parts or give one copy to a friend. I did the same with a couple of other CMON games, but those extra pledges are just sitting on the shelf still wrapped in plastic. Not only is it getting expensive, but I'm running out of shelf space.

I was close to getting the dragon bundle, but I managed to control myself and only got the fire dragon. While everyone I've played AQ with have enjoyed it, it hasn't seen much table time. We haven't even finished the campaign.
If we ever get to finish the campaign in AQ:I, it just seems a little out of place to end it by fighting some dragons together. We should have enough with the fire dragon and the KS exclusive poison dragon, if we ever get that far.
It's still a little annoying that I wont get two KS exclusive heroes because I didn't get the other two dragons, but I think I'll have plenty of heroes as it is. Even though I only have the retail version on the original AQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.