Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... all you lucky punks with your beautiful Croke boards... what's the going rate these days for a custom board from one of those experts so frequently listed on this site?

$200?
$250?
$300?

MORE? zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Less than $200 for a Hilinski board. Well worth it!

http://www.hilinski.net/woodgames/inventory/index.html

Here's my board:

And here's a GeekList featuring many of the Hilinski boards owned by BGG members: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/18942

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Mine cost me $125 CDN.

The real concern is shipping. They're HEAVY. Much better to find a seller with whom you can arrange an in-person sale rather than pay to ship a huge and heavy parcel.

If you're located in Japan, as your mini-flag implies, I think the cost of the board itself is probably the least of your concerns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmbmb
Uh oh, now you started it. People love showing off their Crokinole boards! I'd show you mine but it's so beautiful, you won't know whether to shit or go blind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
ed95005 wrote:
Uh oh, now you started it. People love showing off their Crokinole boards!

Actually, I wasn't 'showing off' - I was just providing a price-to-workmanship basis ($165US gets you a board like Hilinski's non-premier line item Steve Wood showed above; $125CDN gets you a more plain and functional model like the one I bought.)

It isn't like a box of Puerto Rico, where it's all the same and all that matters is the price. A price means nothing without some indication of the workmanship of the piece you get at that price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I got my excellent board from SawdustJim on eBay -- USD$130 shipped to the US.
It's a great board that I've recommended to many of my fellow BGGers.
I don't think SawdustJim has any boards right now on eBay, but keep your eyes open.
--mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup Yep... I was showing off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my Hilinski board:

It cost $250 + $10 shipping. It was a little more expensive because of the use of veneers -- and some unusual veneers (for a Crokinole board) at that. They have since upped their price to $300 for boards that use veneers. I also think there is in an additional charge for those that end up with painted boards, but I'm really not completely sure.

If you want to check them out, they actually have a few boards for sale right now:

http://crokinoleworld.com/inventory/index.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calm Fluffy Bunnies
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My lovely Hilinski board just arrived at my house yesterday. Cost breakdown:

185 for the board and accessories
120 for the custom stain work

total: 305 for a true work of art. Seems incredibly reasonable to me. Now I just need to take some pictures so I can show it off (or you can see it in their gallery. mine is "Top Shelf") http://crokinoleworld.com/crokinole_gallery/Top_Shelf.jpg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Filko
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Hilinski is fresh off the press and will be here on Wednesday. Under $200 with some extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jullie
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I've got two boards (one will be my father's in a matter of weeks). I purchased one from a Crokinole board seller in California and it cost me $150 bucks. It's very well constructed and is a great board to play on (though nothing fancy).

For my father, I enlisted the help of a friend who is a carpenter. He usually does custom cabinets and shelves for people, but I was able to hire him to make a board for my dad. $80 later, I have a fantasic looking board that plays just as great as mine. Plus, since the guy is local, I was able to avoid shipping and simply pick the board up.

It might be worth your time to check with local woodworkers. It's not too difficult a project for a carpenter. Also, you will be able to sit down with them and really make the board custom.

P.S. Any Dallas gamers interested in nice custom boards, drop me a line and I'll give you the info of the carpenter I worked with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Mount Horeb
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Hilinski board cost $205, but I didn't get a basic board. You can get them closer to $150 I think.

Show off time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McLelland
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
Don't touch me!!!
badge
Hi! How are you?!?
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered my Hilinski board. It was $300 with shipping and everything.

Sandstorm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Easterlin
United States
Saint Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My turn! Hilinski!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so if any of you have a painted board what kind of paint was used does your board have a finish over the paint? I ask becuase I have an idea for a custom board with a paint job on it and want to have an idea of how to tell the artist to paint the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Theiss
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We use airbrush paint and UV coating over the top of it, but to be able to do it yourself you may step down to polyurethane as a topcoat this is what most people use on the boards made today. Most paint will work you just want to make sure the paint is flat. That is why we use airbrush, but many paints will work. You may have to add layers of polyurethane to go around the painting to get the painting to get the deck even.

On the edge rim I paint with a colored polyurethane and coat with clear polyurethane to make the color pop out. I would advise not using colored polyurethane on the deck, for it is much too hard to work with even when thinning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.