GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,409 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question regarding the Wounded rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduardo Franco
Argentina
flag msg tools
As I understand it, if my Health is 5, and I receive 5 damage, I discard all facedown damage and gain a Wounded condition. After this, if I once again receive 5 damage my investigator is eliminated.

Now, what happens if all 5 damage I receive the first time are faceup cards. I am now Wounded with 5 damage on me. Am I missing or misinterpreting some rule? Am I immediately eliminated?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this highly unlikely situation, rules as written indicate that you would indeed be immediately defeated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Texas / Tennessee
flag msg tools
All hail the UglyQua font!
badge
(Not an actual game card. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Curiosity got the better of me, so I checked. There are few "Keep Faceup" cards, but enough that most investigators could find themselves with all faceup damage or horror. Again, it is extremely unlikely.

If I found the correct web calculator, the chance of drawing only 3 out of 5 is around 4%, and 4 out of 5 less than half a percent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Franco
Argentina
flag msg tools
Great, thanks! I haven't played a full game yet (I checked it out for a room or two, and may play my first full game tonight), so I didn't know that situation was that unlikely. Good to know, though, I was kinda worried about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Britt Rissenmuth
msg tools
Vardaine wrote:
In this highly unlikely situation, rules as written indicate that you would indeed be immediately defeated.

Haha! Ahhahhahhahhahhahhah!

No, seriously, this does not come up as rarely as one would think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a selection pressure were some game effects let you discard face down cards leaving more face up in play than a random drawing.
Still, it is what it is. If you find that you have all face up damage, evaluate that as part of your risk assessment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.