Thumb up
2 Posts

Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you do "once during your turn" effects during an event? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
func_door func_door
msg tools
This originally came up due to the "Mask" itemlike omen, which allows its bearer to gain 2 knowledge and lose 2 sanity when used. I originally figured that this ability can only be used in-between other actions (for example, I can't wait until after I draw the "Contract" event to decide that I want some Knowledge now.)

However, some cards use the "Once during your turn" templating on a card obviously meant to be used in the middle of other actions, such as Rabbit's Foot (once during your turn, you can reroll 1 die).

So which is it? Can cards like Mask be used in the middle of the resolution of other actions? How would you rule this at your table?
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
flag msg tools
Things like 're-rolling a dice' or 'declaring a number' can be done post dice roll.

Things like adding dice can be done before a dice roll.

Things like rolling dice to potentially add extra dice (ala the mask), not so much.

We tend to say that if it requires a check to do something (not a check afterwards to see what happens, etc), you have to do that before you encounter an event for it to affect that event unless it says otherwise.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.