GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,144 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Commissioned» Forums » Rules

Subject: Moving Roman Legion on ship? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeroen vdHorst
Netherlands
Gelderland
flag msg tools
When I read the rules right, the Roman Legion Token can NOT move on a ship without a church (page 10 rulebook).
Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeroen,

That is how it reads. The intent was for it to say location instead of city/church. I will try to fix that in the next printing. So, allow the roman legion to move across the boat. It will take two Live phase Move actions for them to cross.

Patrick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen vdHorst
Netherlands
Gelderland
flag msg tools
Thanks Patrick for your quick responses (on all the forums!).
I read some complaints in the forums about the rulebook. But I don't agree that the rulebook is not good. I’ve read a lot of rulebooks and yours is a pretty good one. I see a lot of questions in the forums that are addressed in the rules. So if people read the rules thoroughly the most questions are covered in the rulebook and you can play the game fine. Maybe it has to do with that a lot of the folks who play Commissioned are relatively new to this kind of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate your encouragement. I think rulebooks are the hardest part of game design. Players tend to break down into 2 major groups. Group A wants to jump in and play. Group B wants to methodically understand the game before playing. Writing a rulebook for A requires a minimal "quick start" approach with a robust explanation for specific scenarios in the back. Writing for Group B demands precision language and comprehensive detail in a section by section format. I think we ended up closer to Group B. Either way you write, someone is not going to be happy. This is also why we made the HowToPlayCommissioned video!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.