GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,844 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Overdrive - Activated from mission 1 or later in the campaign? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James May
msg tools
I am now about to start playing through mission 2 with my wife in MvM however we aren't sure if we should use our overdrive abilities (assuming we reach the team kill count required).

In the tutorial mission book it points out clearly that the new ability to swap and repair command slots has been unlocked, then in mission 1 we get access to Schematic cards. Can someone who has played through the campaign tell me if at a certain point (no spoilers please) the overdrive commands become 'unlocked'?

Ta in advance
James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
smudgethis wrote:
I am now about to start playing through mission 2 with my wife in MvM however we aren't sure if we should use our overdrive abilities (assuming we reach the team kill count required).

In the tutorial mission book it points out clearly that the new ability to swap and repair command slots has been unlocked, then in mission 1 we get access to Schematic cards. Can someone who has played through the campaign tell me if at a certain point (no spoilers please) the overdrive commands become 'unlocked'?

Ta in advance
James

They're always unlocked, assuming you get the 75 kills required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James May
msg tools
Thank you! I didn't want to get to the last mission in the campaign to find that I had been playing through all the missions with overdrive when I shouldn't have been.

I do find it a bit strange that there is no mention of them in the first couple of mission handbooks though considering how detailed they are with all the other things you can do with your mech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
smudgethis wrote:
Thank you! I didn't want to get to the last mission in the campaign to find that I had been playing through all the missions with overdrive when I shouldn't have been.

I do find it a bit strange that there is no mention of them in the first couple of mission handbooks though considering how detailed they are with all the other things you can do with your mech.

It's very briefly mentioned in the Mission 1 rulebook where it describes the gear tracker board as well as the Gear Tracker entry in the Master Mech-anic rules reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Overdrive abilities are mentioned when Schematics are introduced in Mission 1's rulebook. It doesn't give them a huge fanfare, but it does mention them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So between missions do you reset the score track or not?

I was treating every mission as a new game (but adding schematic cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:

You have it right. You reset all the tracks for each game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:

Ah ok - so the cards you get in the envelopes are permanently unlocked for all future missions?

We just finished mission 1 and it wasn't clear if you leave them out or not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are available for all future missions. Additional rules regarding schematics will show up in mission three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.