GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,609 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Dan Winnowski
United States
Upper St Clair
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to monitor when a game gets added to a Geeklist? For example, lets say I want to acquire "Game X" when it is available for purchase via someone's Geeklist. I'd like to get a notification if possible. I cannot seem to figure it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel L
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you subscribe to the geeklist (via the button at the top of the list) you will get a notification when an item is added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
First, subscribe to the game.

Then click "edit subscriptions" to adjust your GeekList preferences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Winnowski
United States
Upper St Clair
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel_L wrote:
If you subscribe to the geeklist (via the button at the top of the list) you will get a notification when an item is added.

Yeah but the problem is I want to be notified whenever the game I want is added to any Geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Winnowski
United States
Upper St Clair
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pete belli wrote:

I will try this, I just set it up. However, I don't think I understand how this works. For example, take Terraforming Mars, which has been in many auction Geeklists, when I scroll through the Geeklists on the Terraforming Mars page I don't see any of the auctions, so not sure this method will give me what I want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dannyduck wrote:
However, I don't think I understand how this works. For example, take Terraforming Mars, which has been in many auction Geeklists, when I scroll through the Geeklists on the Terraforming Mars page I don't see any of the auctions, so not sure this method will give me what I want.

When viewing geeklists for a game, there's a Filter dropdown. Click it and choose "Auction & Trade". But there is no option under edit subscription to specify which type(s) of geeklists you care about. You may be right that subscribing to a game doesn't include additions to auctions. I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Winnowski
United States
Upper St Clair
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
dannyduck wrote:
However, I don't think I understand how this works. For example, take Terraforming Mars, which has been in many auction Geeklists, when I scroll through the Geeklists on the Terraforming Mars page I don't see any of the auctions, so not sure this method will give me what I want.

When viewing geeklists for a game, there's a Filter dropdown. Click it and choose "Auction & Trade".

Ahhh never noticed that. Ok thank you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Piquet
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pete belli wrote:

Carefully ! I once tried to edit these settings ... and soon get overwhelmed and went back to the basic setting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you trying to see when the game comes up for auction? If yes, then first make sure it's flagged in your wishlist. Then go here: http://bggauctions.workingasintended.com/auctions and filter by your user name. I have the filtered URL in my quickbar so I can keep an eye on anything on my wishlist. It doesn't provide an automatic notification, but makes it a bit easier to get an overview of what's available that you are interested in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be notified when someone puts up one of your Wishlist games on the BGG Marketplace:

In the Status column of your Wishlist, check Want in Trade, Want to Buy. (I'm not sure how much that helps, but it couldn't hurt.)

And on the individual game page for that game, after you've clicked Subscribe, click on the little arrow next to Subscribed, then click on Edit Subscription. Finally change the default "no" to "YES" for Product for Sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to BGG Help and How-To.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.