GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,281 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Clank!: Sunken Treasures» Forums » General

Subject: What I hope to see in this expansion... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
You know what? I play a lot of boardgames, and I really want the designers to listen to my impulsively thought-out input rather than base any judgments on their hours of playtesting or the good sense that brought them this far.

1. I really like the deckbuilding system, but it's a little too random. Replace the cards with dice. Who doesn't love throwing dice?

2. Add some area control. There are literally dudes on a map in this game, and that might confuse some people who are expecting dudes on a map to have area control. I saw the pictures, and I saw a map, and some dudes, and was thoroughly confused. Just so you know, I represent every consumer viewpoint ever, as my wife is German-Japanese-American, and I'm Mexican-Swiss-American, and we're basically our own focus group.

3. I also hate the fantasy theme- I'd much rather it be something that I can relate to. Perhaps swarthy handsome multi-racial married men living in Folsom?

4. Which brings me to the title. CLANK! It has punctuation IN the title! That's ridiculous. You're breaking the poorly formatted data I use at home to track my game plays. At the very least, you should have a rule about yelling clank or something. All the best party games do. My favourite part of chess is yelling CHECK! whenever I touch a king.

5. I also don't like the way they over-sexualized the monkey bot. He's not wearing anything! At the same time, the queen of hearts is wearing far too many clothes.

6. Speaking of scantily clad women, this would do so much better if you had miniatures and put it on kickstarter. Seriously, metal miniatures would be perfect for this game, because they make a CLANK! sound when you set them on the table!

7. It shouldn't be too expensive. I've researched everything there is about production, distribution, and risk in this industry, and if you plan on charging more than ten dollars for an expansion (which is basically just cards, wood, metal, dice, and cardboard- crazy, right?), no one's going to buy it, I promise you.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I looked it up, and I am very entitled, which means that you better make these changes or I am going to boycott your title when it comes out, and whine about primary, secondary, and tertiary market prices.

*Tertiary market prices are, of course, what you pay for a game that has been fully masticated and digested.

Haha no seriously I demand these changes or I'm going to light up this board like a self-immolating Shaquille O'Neal whining about it under multiple thread titles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally someone said what we're all thinking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian C.
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I dont understand, r u being sarcastic or did u buy the wrong game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tieske
Netherlands
Abcoude
flag msg tools
mbmb
laugh cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Barrett
msg tools
I always respect everyone's opinions, but these suggestions gave me diarrhea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dropstopper wrote:
I dont understand, r u being sarcastic or did u buy the wrong game?

This is in no way satire. It is simply a modest proposal to the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Telcontar
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It doesn't sound as if you enjoyed the game at all. You bought a deck builder and you want to throw dice instead?

Stop it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tieske
Netherlands
Abcoude
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dp, modest......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryle Cuff
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have no idea how many times I've had to explain mid game that there is no area control in Clank. I don't blame them. There is LITERALLY "dudes on a map". The amount oversight and missed opportunity involved with this game is absolutely absurd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew H
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is obviously a joke you guys. Settle down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Weinreich
Germany
Wuppertal
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally disagree with EVERY point.
1) throwing dice in a deck building game? Wtf?
2) Area control? It's a game about sneaking and stealing and not making noise... So no Area control
3) The fantasy theme perfectly fits The game and the setting
4) What's wrong with the punctuation? It's perfect
5) I Can't conplain about The card designs
6) I don't think Metal parts would increase The fun any more... But this would be a Part of you number 7...
7) when I compare The price with the fun I have with the game, it is totally Worth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryle Cuff
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know man area control seems like a natural fit for this game. This game is basically Tyrants of the Underdark already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
What I was expecting was lots of steampunk in the game. I mean CLANK! just says steampunk to me. Or zombies. It kinda says zombies too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I absolutely LOVE people who don't understand jokes. They are so entertaining. And so committed to their hobbies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fake Name
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I so hate it when they use Cards in Deckbuilding-Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tieske
Netherlands
Abcoude
flag msg tools
mbmb
With the water added in the New expansion, you could actually build something with the cards......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Flood
United States
Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geez. And all I wanted was more cards that thinned out the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cat Five
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they should move to bakelite tiles instead of cards. That way they make a real CLANK when you shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Aronis
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
And if they had a metal board, it would clank everytime you fold it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.