GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,221 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Darkrock Ventures» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leader Station - When Do Players Take Neutronium? (Therion Marauders) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
When a player places a meeple on the Leader Station, do they:

1. Immediately take Neutronium which they could then use to defend against Therion Marauders in this round, OR

2. Take the Neutronium during the resolution phase (like every other resource), which means they won't be able to use it to defend against Therion Marauders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
BLAMMO!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. Most of the stations are resolved during the resolution phase. However, the Delegate and Leader stations are immediate and you would have Neutronium available to defend during that round.

This is visually designated by the border color on the hexagon. It's subtle, but notice that the immediate stations have an orange border instead of the standard blue border.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Armstrong
United States
Monument
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Related note; The rules also state the Rig Rental station is immediate - which is how we played it (so the value is known during phase 2). Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
jkarmstr wrote:
Related note; The rules also state the Rig Rental station is immediate - which is how we played it (so the value is known during phase 2). Is this correct?

Curious, the rental may be immediate, but is the rolling of said rental immediate? If it is, that gives a significant strategic benefit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kiloforce wrote:
jkarmstr wrote:

Curious, the rental may be immediate, but is the rolling of said rental immediate? If it is, that gives a significant strategic benefit!

I'm pretty sure you are going to have to roll it (again?) when you get to the next phase, at the beginning of your turn when the rules say, "Roll all of your rig dice".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
BLAMMO!
mbmbmbmbmb
jkarmstr wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. The description for each station is when it is resolved. This means that you don't roll the die when you assign your worker, but when you resolve it. The "immediate" part is meant to emphasize the fact that you don't need to earn the extra die, you gain it "immediately" for that round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.