GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,340 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Notre Dame» Forums » General

Subject: Rat Token Upgrade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Olsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lately I've been trying to play more of the games I already own rather than acquiring new ones. To help me out with this I've been looking into upgrading components within those games to further enrich the experience.

To that end, I just ordered these rat tokens from Amazon to replace the black cubes in Notre Dame. They're made by Meeplesource, a store I've bought from before. They look great on the board and aren't too big to overlap the numbered spaces.

Aside from creating the epic 3D deluxe edition by
timothée licitri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

what upgrades have you guys made to your Notre Dame setup? Has somebody found a better way to represent the influence cubes within the different districts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a metal Notre Dame souvenir, similar to this one:

I also got some generic metal coins, and rats made of rubber (don't remember where I got them from).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Shaw

Central
msg tools
mbmb
SherpaDurka wrote:

what upgrades have you guys made to your Notre Dame setup? Has somebody found a better way to represent the influence cubes within the different districts?

I have the same rat tokens as you and have added metal coins. I don't know if it is "better", but I replaced my influence cubes with mini-meeples as I managed to find exact colour matches. They may also have been from Meeplesource..? Nice to see the people doing my bidding around the district!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Olsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad8r wrote:
I bought a metal Notre Dame souvenir, similar to this one:

I also got some generic metal coins, and rats made of rubber (don't remember where I got them from).

Cool! Is that your first player marker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Olsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aps29 wrote:
SherpaDurka wrote:

I have the same rat tokens as you and have added metal coins. I don't know if it is "better", but I replaced my influence cubes with mini-meeples as I managed to find exact colour matches. They may also have been from Meeplesource..? Nice to see the people doing my bidding around the district!

I like the theme of this one. Haven't found a use for any of the mini meeples yet, but I may look into it for this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SherpaDurka wrote:

Cool! Is that your first player marker?

Good idea, but no! I put it in the middle of the board for a basic 3d effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriko Yamamoto
Japan
Niigata
flag msg tools
So cute rat! Please share a link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Olsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RKFMKEW/ref=oh_aui_deta...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.