Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't play WOW on the PC but bought a starter to try the CCG with some friends.

In one of the boosters I got a card called Fortune Telling with a scratch off section.

What is it?

Should I scratch it off?

Is it worth anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
Yes, that card is worth quite a lot actually. The card sells for $75-80 on Ebay. The scratch off portion is a code that allows people who play WOW online to unlock a special perk within the game.

It loses almost all of its value if you scratch it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badweasel wrote:
Yes, that card is worth quite a lot actually. The card sells for $75-80 on Ebay. The scratch off portion is a code that allows people who play WOW online to unlock a special perk within the game.

It loses almost all of its value if you scratch it.

*gulp*

Wow...I guess I should eBay that sucker then eh?

Thanks for the info..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria Hilton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just FYI - this card is one of the Through The Dark Portal "loot cards" to use in the MMO version of WoW. To save you scratching it, it reveals a kind of magic 8 ball that allows you to ask a question, shake it, and get an answer (or keep shaking it until you got the answer you wanted!). Obviously need to be an online player to use it though. It's one of 3 that you can get in that CCG release. There's also a pet monkey and a picnic blanket with a grill thing and an umbrella. I've seen this one in the MMO game - looks cool! Apparently there are only a limited number of these out there so that is pretty lucky that you got one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Eaton
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hisst Ka wrote:
I don't play WOW on the PC but bought a starter to try the CCG with some friends.

In one of the boosters I got a card called Fortune Telling with a scratch off section.

What is it?

Should I scratch it off?

Is it worth anything?

As others have said, you got the gem of the set. This is the rarest card in the game with one in every 20 booster boxes or so. If you're not into WoW the MMO or a collector then sell that puppy! Let us know how your sale goes if you decide to take this route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ended up selling the card for $60 on ebay.

I bought more WoW TCD with it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.