GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,281 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Kemet» Forums » General

Subject: Misprint on one of the DI cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok I bought Kemet yesterday and when playing,we noticed that one of the DI cards had these black letters on it.Gotta say this is the weirdest misprint ever

UPDATE:Turns out I had 39 cards instead of 35 in the box,so the faulty one plus 3 more were inlcuded also by mistake.So,I'll just remove the extras and no problem for me.Still weird though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really strange. My first thought is if you bought a demo copy of the game or something?

A quick google translate search has that word being Polish and meaning something to the effect of "basket" or "trash can". I wonder if somehow you got a card that was meant to be disposed of, like from a playtest group? It's extra weird that it would be a Polish word, because if I'm not mistaken the designers were French.

Weird stuff. Hopefully someone else will have some insight, and I would contact the company for a new card (and to solve the mystery!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thankfully we can still play with this card,as we know what it does,but it looks ugly as hell.

Is it even worth contacting for a new card?Will they ship it to me with free expenses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
DarkFlame92 wrote:
Will they ship it to me with free expenses?
They ought to. I've had stuff sent from the US by FFG and Stronghold Games. If you look around these forums, games publishers nearly always support their games - although some can be a bit slow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys,posting for an update.

So before I send a ticket about the faulty card,I actually checked if it was just an extra to the card count instead of replacing a legit one.

The DI cards should be 35 in the box as the rulebook says and it turns out I have 39(including the faulty one).So I got 3 more correctly printed plus a bad one.Seems there's no need to ask for a replacement.

So there are 3 correctly printed extras if you do the math and I have counted each DI type card individually.Turns out I have 7 DI cards that kill one opponents unit,while the rest of the types are max 4.So I guess I will remove also those 3 extras and will be back to normal count
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is really interesting. I wonder if it's a "stop" card or something on a sheet so when the cards are die cut that they know which ones to put in which pile, then throw the spacer card away. I'm guessing somebody has a deck that's missing those three cards.

On a related note: There is a geeklist called 2015-2016-2017 Spare Parts Resource List where you can list spare parts for games that you have. It's a great resource, I've been able to use it to help people who lost a card or game component that I happened to have spares of.

You can always put your three cards on there on the off chance that somebody needs a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.