GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,704 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

The Colonists» Forums » Rules

Subject: Moving to a place when you have no resources rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state very clearly if I move to a place I MUST take the action of that place. Now the question is, if I can only move to a place that compels me, for example, to build... and I have no wood, what happens?

I.e. if I am surrounded by places where I need resources I don't have what happens? What am I supposed to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan O'Brien
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always jump to a market and at a market there is always an option to take a resource. If you have no space in your storage you can take the resource and immediately scrap that resource or another resource in your storage to make room for the new resource. So if you can't do the action at any of the tiles surrounding you then your only option is to jump to a market. You can't ever go to a tile and not do the action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot...you must jump to a market tile. If you cannot take the action on the tile you cannot go there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I have 1 wood and 1 clay but the Hex calls for 2 wood and 1 clay I can't just get there, waste the single wood and clay I have (even if I don't get the building in return because I'm short of 1 wood)... I MUST go back to the market if there's no other option.

It makes sense, thanks.

Got to read the rules... I'd rather play and learn through playing instead but the mere idea of having to put all the stuff back to the box afterwards is DAUNTING.

Gotta buy me some trays, I have an idea but shops are closed right now.

(meanwhile I'm enjoying this playthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCypEY7nHJk&t=152s )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.