GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,309 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Siege of Sunfall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clairifications... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Allen
United States
White Settlement
Texas
flag msg tools
www.bobweekend.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the raid deck has an end of siege card the discard pile is only shuffled back into the raid deck after the end of the turn. This is not stated in the rule book that I can find. Which leads to the question below about set collecting.

Assumption, as in of Dungeons Deep, each raider only attacks once. If defeated, they (and all the reviled cards) are put in the players hand if they raider wins then then all the reviled cards are discarded. (see question about what discarded means)

Set collecting
The last sentence on the bottom of the page. "All cards traded in for rewards are discarded from play."

I assume this means for the rest of the round vs the rest of the game. Otherwise by round 3 the raid deck is mostly empty.

Black cards being wild, is not mentioned in the set collecting section. If you follow along with other Grey Gnome games (Four Tribes in this case) black cards and houses were wild.

Irregularity, the chicken on the raid card equals 1 resource, yet the chicken resource token has a value of 5 where as the rat has a value of 1.

---- Discussing/bluffing about your bid ----
Is it in the spirit of the game to discuss your bid with the other players? Haggle, bluff, etc...

Example: a 13 strength raider comes out. You make a comment about good thing I have a kaboom token. Maybe you do, maybe you don't, maybe you do and decide not to play it because you have a barricade card. At least the first time the other players may not bid high thinking the kaboom would kill everyone anyway.
The truth is you have a barricade card so you bid 3 (assume 3 player game) and expect the raider to win. Your opponents think you are going to play kaboom so they bid nothing. Thus ends the round if they did not have a barricade card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Allen
United States
White Settlement
Texas
flag msg tools
www.bobweekend.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I miss read the rules big time. I read the # of raider cards per round as the starting hand for each player and the rest of the cards make up the raid deck.

It is an interesting variant, not the original rules. Ignore the questions about discard for the round or for the game.

The answer is game. The raid deck per round is in the book. Players do not start with that many cards, so the deck includes more than enough cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Allen
United States
White Settlement
Texas
flag msg tools
www.bobweekend.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Watching Undead Viking video. Did he get the tied rule wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.