GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,108 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Pandemic: Iberia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Government mobilization rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Clarification [+] [View All]
Elena Litovka
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card says players can move once for free. Does it mean they don't have to pay a card for a ship? I wasn't sure about this and thought this means they don't spend actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leacock
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
No additional cards are required to move the pawns when you play this card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elena Litovka
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mleacock wrote:
No additional cards are required to move the pawns when you play this card.

Thanks a lot for your answer! My husband is very happy to hear he was right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
msg tools
I guess I was playing this wrong. I assumed that each player could choose one of the movement actions and perform that action (without spending any actions, hence "free"), including being forced to pay a card for "Move by Ship."

This makes me wonder if I've been playing something else wrong: I assumed that Railwayman and Sailor could use their special abilities during Government Mobilization to carry a passenger as well. For example, say one player is at Zaragoza, and the sailor is at Barcelona, a port city. Somebody plays Government Mobilization. I assumed we could use this to move the first player from Zaragoza to Barcelona, then move the sailor AND the first player to another port city (for free, using the sailor's other special ability).

I suppose you'll say this is also wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S
msg tools
faucelme wrote:
I guess I was playing this wrong. I assumed that each player could choose one of the movement actions and perform that action (without spending any actions, hence "free"), including being forced to pay a card for "Move by Ship."

This makes me wonder if I've been playing something else wrong: I assumed that Railwayman and Sailor could use their special abilities during Government Mobilization to carry a passenger as well. For example, say one player is at Zaragoza, and the sailor is at Barcelona, a port city. Somebody plays Government Mobilization. I assumed we could use this to move the first player from Zaragoza to Barcelona, then move the sailor AND the first player to another port city (for free, using the sailor's other special ability).

I suppose you'll say this is also wrong?

Yes this is wrong. Unless the card specifically says a player performs an action, the cards basically function as a third party coming in and helping your team. For example, with a card that lets you remove disease cubes, you would not assume that you get to remove extra ones from a city with the rural doctor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
msg tools
Matt released his FAQ with the following clarification:

mleacock wrote:
Government Mobilization
The Sailor and Railwayman may take advantage of their powers when they are moved with this card. For example, if the Sailor moves by ship, he may take a player with him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.