GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,838 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do hunters move and get a free attack? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Chin
msg tools
mb
I was wondering if during the enemy phase, say if the Ghoul Priest is in a room adjacent to you and the investigation phase ends. The enemy phase begins and does he move into your location, engage and get a free attack against you?

I'm just a little jaded because in both Scenario 2&3, I drew the Ghoul Priest within the first couple of rounds and ultimately caused me to do poorly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Hunters are nasty. You're not jaded, you're growing wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogganbuck
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nuchin wrote:
I was wondering if during the enemy phase, say if the Ghoul Priest is in a room adjacent to you and the investigation phase ends. The enemy phase begins and does he move into your location, engage and get a free attack against you?

Page 23 of the rules reference book shows the proper steps involving that. See steps 3.2 and 3.3.

If the priest has moved and become engaged with a character at that location, he will attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Save your combat tricks for hunters. You can't really run away from them forever. They are super annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hunters don't really get a 'free' attack, they attack at the same time as all the other monsters. The bonus a hunter gets is a free MOVE right before it attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.