GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,504 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Panzer (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scenario 13 set up question and VP question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
In Scenario 13 (and other scenarios with the same wording) when it says 'Leg and Towed units may setup inside any building or Heavy Woods hex' mean that the Towed units can set up inside the buildings in a building hex?

And does the wording in Scenario 15 which uses 'in' rather than 'inside' mean that towed units can set up in Building hexes but they would not be considered to be inside the buildings?

And if a side controls one Bridge at the end of the Scenario they are awarded 370 points?

Many thanks,

Martin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I believe the intent of these Special rules is to allow Towed units to set up IN the buildings. Otherwise, I don't think they are necessary (ie Towed units can always set up in building HEXES). Leg units are always assumed to be IN the buildings (AG 6.1.4.3.1). I admit I am confused by the inclusion of "Heavy Woods." As far as I know Leg and Towed units are always allowed to set up in Heavy Woods.

Mr. Day has stated elsewhere that the rules are very specific, so I say yes the bridges are 370 VP EACH. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Oh, I guess I read it as Leg and Towed units can set up in Building and Heavy Woods hexes only.....Because, otherwise, as you seem to say re: Heavy Woods, why say it?

Surely the only thing that need be said if Leg and Towed units can set up in any normally permitted hex is whether towed units are allowed to set up inside buildings or not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
The Panzer Pusher gives you prestige!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mzen wrote:
Oh, I guess I read it as Leg and Towed units can set up in Building and Heavy Woods hexes only.....Because, otherwise, as you seem to say re: Heavy Woods, why say it?

Surely the only thing that need be said if Leg and Towed units can set up in any normally permitted hex is whether towed units are allowed to set up inside buildings or not...

This question was answered earlier. Jim clarified that this was included because during playtest sessions some questions arose, so he decided to include it as an additional clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry for being a bit slow, so they can set up in any hex then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
The Panzer Pusher gives you prestige!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
One more question if I can: Can units generally set up in FC or do they need a specific scenario rule to do so?

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mzen wrote:
One more question if I can: Can units generally set up in FC or do they need a specific scenario rule to do so?

Many thanks.

They may setup in Full Cover as desired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.