GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,211 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have some Dungeon Command modules in shrink and was wondering the best way to integrate the materials to use with the Dungeons and Dragons Board Game series like Ravenloft, Elemental Evil and others?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am on the low end of the spectrum of knowledge and experience, but I bought 2 Dungeon Command sets and several individual pieces from the other sets off Ebay, and I just threw the monsters and the NPC's right into the game. I don't use anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should add that the monsters are slightly tougher than those in the actual game, but just a smidge more. But having painted mini's is great.

Also I haven't mixed the actual the other D&D games together. I am playing the Wrath game with the Dungeon Command monsters and NPC's added. I have added most, but not all the player characters from the other games though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:
I should add that the monsters are slightly tougher than those in the actual game, but just a smidge more. But having painted mini's is great.

Also I haven't mixed the actual the other D&D games together. I am playing the Wrath game with the Dungeon Command monsters and NPC's added. I have added most, but not all the player characters from the other games though.

Thanks, I didn't know if their was tweaking or some best method. I am shocked that Wizards of the Coast didn't push out miniatures with cards that were compatible for the Board Games of this series to add more variety and longer running fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
peter cooman
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:
DomaGB wrote:

Thanks, I didn't know if their was tweaking or some best method. I am shocked that Wizards of the Coast didn't push out miniatures with cards that were compatible for the Board Games of this series to add more variety and longer running fun.

You know that the cards to use them in the adventure system games are included in the dungeon command sets ,do you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary A
United States
Lakeville/Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a couple of links that have TONS of information (and more links)

Mixing CR with the other games

Mixing in Dungeon Command Games

Awesome Wiki on BGG for mixing in DC Series

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have all the extra cards from the Dungeon Command set, then you have everything you need. The extra cards are specifically for using the monsters with the D&D board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.