GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,255 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Thomas Heimann
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
"• The 4 hexes that make up Stare Vinohrady (old vineyards) form a Temporary Majority Group Victory Banner worth 2 banners for the side that occupies an absolute majority at the start of its turn. The Allies start with 2 Victory Banners."

The area labeled Stare Vinohrady in my copy consists of three hills, a forest and orchard hex (five in total), plus there is no Allied unit on any of these hexes to give the Allies 2 banners at the start of the game.

The scenario as printed in the physical copy seems to be different than the scenario on the CC:N website

http://www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/maps/third-coal...

We just house ruled that the five terrain hexes were the vineyards and the allies wouldn't start with the 2 banners.

Any word on what the official set-up is (I am assuming it is the website version)

Thank you for your support

TH

EDIT: Sorry everyone, nothing to see here, I just saw Richards official word after some scrolling: It´s a mistake in the scenario booklet. The Vinohrady Heights has 4 hexes in the Epic scenario.

But maybe this thread will be useful for those that do not frequent that site.blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for looking into it, Tom. Your house-rule sounds like you handled it fairly.

I think the same sort of error is repeated for the Grande Battaille version of Austerlitz, too. The special rules for the larger scenario look to be copy/pasted from the Epic scenario in that regard.

Not sure why the version on the website is right and the two I bought are wrong. But, whatevs, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Not sure why the version on the website is right and the two I bought are wrong.

Because the (official support-) website is much more flexible in such cases.
I get the digital stuff a few months earlier to setup the Vassal module
and here i crosscheck setups and unclear rules with Richard and add this insights very fast to the website :)

Sometimes such mistakes can still fixed in the physical boardgame timely too, but most this will be fixed only in a future/next edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for completeness

La Grande Battles Reminder

For all that are now proud owners of Expansion #6 Epic Napoleonic, just a reminder that the La Grande Battles Austerlitz - 2 December 1805 Special Rules had two errors.

Pratzen Heights is made up of 6 hill hexes not 4 hexes as listed and Stare Vinohrady is made up of 5 hill hexes not 4 hexes as listed.

It may take some time before you have the opportunity to enjoy the La Grande Battles scenarios, but please correct my oversight on this scenario.

Thanks

Richard Borg

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd44b1c/3550
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bayernkini wrote:
Quote:
Not sure why the version on the website is right and the two I bought are wrong.

Because the (official support-) website is much more flexible in such cases.
I get the digital stuff a few months earlier to setup the Vassal module
and here i crosscheck setups and unclear rules with Richard and add this insights very fast to the website

Sometimes such mistakes can still fixed in the physical boardgame timely too, but most this will be fixed only in a future/next edition.

If the site is "official," why is it never mentioned in any of the rulebooks for Napoleonics or Ancients or…anything? Why doesn't Richard Borg ever mention it? Why does GMT just call it an "online resource?" If you get the correct goods early, why isn't that the guide for the published material that comes later?

It's a bit galling to pre-pay for product that is developed by a professional team for however long it takes to produce, only to learn it arrives with mistakes, after all. Then I have to seek out a third-party online resource that bills itself as "official" to crib the necessary errata without encouragement from the publisher or author.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From commandsandcolors.net

Quote:
"The 4 hexes that make up Stare Vinohrady (old vineyards) form a Temporary Majority Group Victory Banner worth 2 banners for the side that occupies an absolute majority at the start of its turn. The Allies start with 2 Victory Banners.”.

There are only 3 hill hexes in the setup of the scenario booklet?

It´s a mistake in the scenario booklet. The Vinohrady Heights has 4 hexes in the Epic scenario.
(Richard Borg; 2016 - 08 - 31)

This in itself didn't answer the question of what four hexes. Until I compared the Vassal-generated scenario posted on commandsandcolors.net did I realize that the fourth hex is a hill and missing from the printed scenario. The Russian Grenadier behind the town of Pratzen should be on a hill.

Perhaps it would be clearer if the first two special rules read:
The 4 hill hexes...

And while I appreciate that mistakes do happen, and the incredible amount of time and effort that Michael puts into the CandC site, Vassal and the system in general, I can understand Brady's irritation. I expect that corrections will appear as errata on GMT's site eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
earache wrote:

And while I appreciate that mistakes do happen, and the incredible amount of time and effort that Michael puts into the CandC site, Vassal and the system in general, I can understand Brady's irritation. I expect that corrections will appear as errata on GMT's site eventually.

As far as I know, GMT has never put an FAQ for any of their C&C games on their website, though the Living Rules do update in line with their publication.

I don't think GMT give any credit or money to Alesandro for establishing these websites, though they definitely provide advance content for new publications.

So whatever view of 'officialness' people may have, there is at least a semi-official recognition and support of http://www.commandsandcolors.net/ and aside from Consimworld where Richard Borg answers directly, they are the best source I know of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo This was resolved on an earlier thread I started. I'm surprised to see it come up all over again. For me, its only important to get answers, and they have been made available soon after publication.

See here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1698826/epic-1-austerli...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.