GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,366 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Christine McCulloch
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are doing prepare for the Cruise?
What are bring that you would suggest to other? or you wish you had with you.
What have brought before just do not need to bring?

thumbsupYou might want to do this: Smart Traveler Enrollment Program https://step.state.gov/step/

thumbsupI contacted travel clinic.
I am bring Travelers' diarrhea antibiotic and antibiotic for the exposure to fresh water and foods. (I did the antibiotic for freshwater the last two years.)

Last year I brought my favorite blanket.

Wish I had a nightlight. Ziploc bag of things to entertain myself on car ride on excursion. Plastic bag or something to put wet clothes in on excusions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the best pieces of advice I received for the 2016 Cruise was to bring an extension cord. It never would have occurred to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E L Fitzmorris

Baldwinsville
New York
msg tools
mbmbmb
If you don't have a drink package, I would recommend that each person bring an unopened bottle of water since bottled water isn't free on the ship.
Also, there won't be any pens or notepads in the cabins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine McCulloch
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bring empty water bottle. I keep refilling. I am excited that cabin is same end as conference room. More time for gaming instead running to other end of ship and back for dinner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
3M Command hooks are great for creating extra hanging space for bathing suits to drip-dry.

Don't bring your hair dryer, iron, etc. They are no-go's on boats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenn Cleveland
Canada
Smithers
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You can't bring a hair dryer?? Do they provide them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hadden
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Toot, toot!
badge
If all else fails...
mbmbmbmbmb
Navigatoria wrote:

You can't bring a hair dryer?? Do they provide them?

"Our staterooms and suites vary by ship, but every room offers a television, telephone, private bath, shower, vanity and a hair dryer."

Fire is one of the greatest dangers on a ship. Don't bring anything that generates heat or has an open flame. Irons and hair dryers are the most common problem items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelia Wright
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always bring an alarm clock... the glowing plug in kind... especially in inside state rooms I like to see the time at a glance and I like to set my own alarm instead of the phone ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out http://www.mobilepassport.us/. Apparently this is a new(ish) program, in use at our port, and it may help speed things up during disembarkation.

Quote:
FAQ

What is Mobile Passport Control?
Mobile Passport Control enables travelers to submit their passport and customs declaration information via their smartphone instead of the traditional paper form. The “Mobile Passport” app is free to download and free to use. The app is sponsored by the Airports Council International-North America and Boeing and authorized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
Do I have to be connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network to use the Mobile Passport App?
Wi-Fi or a cellular network are required to submit information and receive a receipt. You may fill out their profiles without being connected.
Will I still have to go through U.S. customs if I use the Mobile Passport App?
Yes. However, the Mobile Passport App speeds up the process and allows you to use a special, faster lane.
Who can use the Mobile Passport App?
U.S. citizens with a valid U.S. passport and Canadian citizens with both a valid Canadian passport and B1 or B2 visa status may use the Mobile Passport App. You must have an iOS or Android device that can connect to the internet.
Is it possible to submit the entire family with the app?
The Mobile Passport App offers you the opportunity to set up profiles for every member of your family. If you are planning a family journey, the App lets you set up a trip for the whole family, after submitting you get QR Code receipts for every family member.
Is the Mobile Passport App secure?
The Mobile Passport App is highly secure, using best practices for privacy along with state-of-the-art technology to protect your data.
How does Mobile Passport Control work?
Once the traveler downloads the app from the app store, the Mobile Passport App asks travelers to set up a profile with their passport data. If family members are traveling together, additional profiles can be set up. When a traveler is preparing to enter the U.S., the traveler completes the “New Trip” section of the app: selecting port of entry, air- or cruise line and terminal, taking a “selfie” photo, and answering standard CBP customs declaration questions. Upon arrival, the traveler uses the app to submit this information along with the profile data to CBP. After reviewing the submission, CBP may send a digital, secure bar-coded receipt to the traveler’s smartphone via the app. This receipt will expire in four (4) hours. The traveler then proceeds through the arrivals area, following the Mobile Passport Control signs until prompted by CBP to place their digital bar-coded receipt on the barcode scanner and presenting their passport to a CBP officer. Unless further inspection is necessary, the passenger then exits the arrivals area.
Does the Mobile Passport App replace my U.S. passport?
No. You must present your valid, U.S. or Canadian passport to the CBP officer upon arrival.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lili Private
msg tools
mb
AnakinOU wrote:
Check out http://www.mobilepassport.us/. Apparently this is a new(ish) program, in use at our port, and it may help speed things up during disembarkation.

Quote:
FAQ

What is Mobile Passport Control?
Mobile Passport Control enables travelers to submit their passport and customs declaration information via their smartphone instead of the traditional paper form. The “Mobile Passport” app is free to download and free to use. The app is sponsored by the Airports Council International-North America and Boeing and authorized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
Do I have to be connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network to use the Mobile Passport App?
Wi-Fi or a cellular network are required to submit information and receive a receipt. You may fill out their profiles without being connected.
Will I still have to go through U.S. customs if I use the Mobile Passport App?
Yes. However, the Mobile Passport App speeds up the process and allows you to use a special, faster lane.
Who can use the Mobile Passport App?
U.S. citizens with a valid U.S. passport and Canadian citizens with both a valid Canadian passport and B1 or B2 visa status may use the Mobile Passport App. You must have an iOS or Android device that can connect to the internet.
Is it possible to submit the entire family with the app?
The Mobile Passport App offers you the opportunity to set up profiles for every member of your family. If you are planning a family journey, the App lets you set up a trip for the whole family, after submitting you get QR Code receipts for every family member.
Is the Mobile Passport App secure?
The Mobile Passport App is highly secure, using best practices for privacy along with state-of-the-art technology to protect your data.
How does Mobile Passport Control work?
Once the traveler downloads the app from the app store, the Mobile Passport App asks travelers to set up a profile with their passport data. If family members are traveling together, additional profiles can be set up. When a traveler is preparing to enter the U.S., the traveler completes the “New Trip” section of the app: selecting port of entry, air- or cruise line and terminal, taking a “selfie” photo, and answering standard CBP customs declaration questions. Upon arrival, the traveler uses the app to submit this information along with the profile data to CBP. After reviewing the submission, CBP may send a digital, secure bar-coded receipt to the traveler’s smartphone via the app. This receipt will expire in four (4) hours. The traveler then proceeds through the arrivals area, following the Mobile Passport Control signs until prompted by CBP to place their digital bar-coded receipt on the barcode scanner and presenting their passport to a CBP officer. Unless further inspection is necessary, the passenger then exits the arrivals area.
Does the Mobile Passport App replace my U.S. passport?
No. You must present your valid, U.S. or Canadian passport to the CBP officer upon arrival.

How does this work in tandem with the "onboarding" packet I just filled out via the RC website where we also had to upload passport/ID pic etc. Do they achieve the same function or are these two independent steps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michariella wrote:
AnakinOU wrote:

How does this work in tandem with the "onboarding" packet I just filled out via the RC website where we also had to upload passport/ID pic etc. Do they achieve the same function or are these two independent steps?

They are completely separate. Onboarding gets you onto the boat on 3/18...disembarkation/customs gets you back into the US on 3/25.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lainie Theys
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are separate functions. For Royal, one of the first things you do as you walk on board is take a picture that is attached to your account. This is used for identification purposes by Royal whenever you use your seapass card for purchases or to reboard the ship. This is the picture they are letting you upload ahead of time to speed things up on day one.

The app Jon listed is for customs when we re-enter the country as we get off the ship on the 25th.

Edit: Great minds think alike...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lili Private
msg tools
mb
I haven't cruised in many yrs hoping the digital age in general speeds up the multiple hr experience to get on board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E L Fitzmorris

Baldwinsville
New York
msg tools
mbmbmb
Would anyone be interested in doing some geocaching in St. Thomas or Nassau? Originally I was just thinking of walking around, but Nassau in particular seems to have some geocaches fairly near the pier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.