GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about handling extra cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Please answer to this, I don't know how to handle it.

- I have, say, Robespierre (gives 1 red cube) and Despotism, so I have 3 red cubes.
- I spend 2 red cubes in military actions
- In the same turn I change Robespierre for a leader without the extra red cube.

Question:
1) May I spend the 3rd cube with another military action this turn, or draw 1 military card in the End of turn?

My guess: Yes, because I "gain" my cubes last turn, when resetting, so I still have that 3rd cube until the next resetting. Am I right?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, technically, you do not have a 3rd cube anymore (you lose it right away, just like when you gain a cube, you get it right away), but you choose which cube you lose, so you can lose an already used cube. So, in the end, it ends up being the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the rules: When you gain civil or military actions, they go to the available pool, so they can be spent the same turn. If you lose civil or military actions, they first are removed from the spent pool.

So in the OP's example, start with three military actions, spend two, and then lose a military action. The lost military action comes from one of the two spent, so there is still one military action available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.