Unknown» Forums » General

Subject: Number of Missions ? Everything says something different rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to find out how many missions the game actually has.

BGG page says 16 Mission + 5 Minor Mission

Rulebook Components says 16 Mission + 5 Tasks, 8 Story Missions with same names as 16 Missions but different info.

Rulebook Pg32+ shows 10 Missions + 5 Tasks

Designer Webpage lists 11 Missions + 5 Minor

.....what's up people?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
My copy includes these missions:

Stragglers
Activate
Water
Scout
Map short
Map long
Hive short
Hive long
Refugees short
Refugees long
Expand short
Expand long
Behemoth short
Behemoth long
Onslaught short
Onslaught long

The Tasks and minor missions are the same thing. You may optionally add one to each (major) mission to add variety. There are 5 total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats more confusing, because the Mission section in the rulebook lists 10 Long Missions, and a small blurb on 8 of them saying Short version is played with short stack.

So, are the "Mission Cards" just reprinted in the manual? If so, there are still different counts, as the manual only has 10, cards have 16. (end of the manual shows 8 I think "Story missions" with same names as regular missions but different info.)

I can't tell how many actual missions, long, short, tasks, story missions etc... are being referenced, in the manual and in cards.

Frustrating. Looks like an amazing game, and trying desperately to figure out how to get on in Canada, but not knowing the numbers is messing with my head, hahaha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
If you are able to get past it, I wouldn't worry about those minor discrepancies.

The game is indeed amazing and because the manual doesn't always quite match the website or perhaps the actual cards, is irrelevant to the amazing game play.

I'm sure Dave will pop in eventually, as he always does, and clarify and speak on availability in Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cutter

Maryland
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
luvmywife wrote:
My copy includes these missions:

Stragglers
Activate
Water
Scout
Map short
Map long
Hive short
Hive long
Refugees short
Refugees long
Expand short
Expand long
Behemoth short
Behemoth long
Onslaught short
Onslaught long

The Tasks and minor missions are the same thing. You may optionally add one to each (major) mission to add variety. There are 5 total.

James, these are the 16 missions in the game. There are also 5 tasks(these were called minor objectives during kickstarter). The number on the website is from the end of the kickstarter when we only had 11 missions in the game. After the kickstarter ended, we tried to add as much to the game as possible so the number went up from 11 to 16. Thank you for noticing the incorrect information, I thought we had corrected everything a bit ago.

The story missions are just some of the normal missions played in a certain progression. 2 of the normal missions "hive" and "stragglers" do not fit into the story so they are not listed there. This why there is 10 normal missions but only 8 story missions.

James, Thank you again for catching the mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.