Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E Githens

Ft. Worth
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Greetings!

I'll be pulling Silent Victory off the shelf and dusting if off soon. I'd always thought it would be fantastic to simulate S-Boat ops. I see that capt_tucker has created an expansion.

I'm certain it's a quality product, but what I'd like to know before I print it out and mount it is: does it change the dynamics of the game and how well does it simulate S-Boat ops?

(capt_tucker, your opinion doesn't count, as I'm sure I know what your answer will be )

Thank you, fellow wargamers!

AFIntel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Githens

Ft. Worth
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Too late, it's printed and mounted. Disregard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good for you for diving in! (hah)

If someone doesn't feel like disregarding, I'd actually be curious about people's thoughts on this expansion, including the creator if he wants to comment....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Githens

Ft. Worth
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the pete wrote:
Good for you for diving in! (hah)

Ba..da..dum...CHA!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

In creating the Pigboats! expansion, my intent was to simulate the challenges and difficulties of making war patrols with worn-out, obsolete technology, by instituting things like the random breakdown system, and equipment issues not seen in the standard game, like ice box and air compressor failures, loss of depth control during approaches, and the unbearable heat due to lack of air conditioning.
All of those things were experienced onboard the actual S-boats, and it is my hope that the mod has given folks an idea of what it was like to serve on one of the "Sewer Pipes"..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.