Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Einar Hansen
Norway
Karmøy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game for the first time today. I have one question regarding buying and building.

When you buy cattle or sheep i don't see there is a limitation for how many you can buy. Maybe this is obvious. We played it by buying as many as we wanted...didn't find this explicit in the rules...but regarding building boats it's written in bold, one build per action...have we played it correct? We bought as many animals we could afford!

Best regards Einar

PS: this game is very good...another epic game from one of the masters, Owe Rosenberg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
When you choose an action you always only get to take that action once. So when purchasing livestock you can only purchase one of each that is offered on the action space that you choose.

This general rule applies to all action spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar Hansen
Norway
Karmøy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
When you choose an action you always only get to take that action once. So when purchasing livestock you can only purchase one of each that is offered on the action space that you choose.

This general rule applies to all action spaces.

Thanks for the quick response, I trust your word
Seemed a little overkill when I bought a ton of sheep and upgraded them and filled half my board with it.... had to ask...

It may seem that my wife won after all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slawomir Stankowski
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook page 14 (production spaces):
Quote:
On the green spaces of the action board, you receive exactly what is depicted, e.g., 1 stockfish.

and also
Quote:
If a good costs silver, the price is printed below a purse icon at the left of the action space. 1 cattle and 1 milk cost a total of 3 silver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.