GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,606 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I euip and use 2 guns? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Whiton
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
If I have 38 special and 45 auto equipped can I use ammo on each for +2 fight / damage on same attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
No. Each of those cards has an arrow symbol. When you take an action during your turn, you are specifically spending that action (and the ammo) to activate the ability on the card -- this spending of an action is what the arrow symbol represents. Once you activate that ability, you must resolve it before you can take another action (ie. before you spend another action on some other arrow symbol).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
flag msg tools
The way I understand it, I do not believe so. The activate ability (arrow symbol) takes one action as (can be seen on the action card list of investigator actions). Page 3 of the rules guide discusses the arrow icon as well as on page 20 which states the arrow indicates an action-cost triggered ability.

I think the reason for equipping two weapons is you can have a choice since they use limited resources as bullets. This allows you to have two guns already equipped instead of trying to equip one (when one runs out of ammo) while already engaged and taking damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't use them together. I guess the conceptual idea is you're carrying a backup pistol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.