Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe S
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short to be angry all the time. Smile and enjoy the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
When a family reunion occurs during the GREAT ICESTORM JUPITER'S reign, things can get a little crazy. Twenty-one family members (and dogs and cats)living in close conditions is stressful, unforgiving, and bit gamey after a few days.

I broke out this gem of a game in an attempt to lighten the mood after our third humid evening together. We had sixteen gamers, including two grandmas and three grandpas, two uncles, three aunts and six cousins. To my delight everyone wanted in! Except Laura (my cousin's Billy's wife from Pennsylvania). She's a bit a prude and decided to sit this one out. We let her and the kids off the hook ... today.

We were all a bit lightheaded from generator fumes and having to blow up forty balloons, except for Grampa Larry. He's a smoker and can't breathe right so he just gave advice. We moved the hard furniture aside in the living room and pushed Laura and the kids upstairs.

On each turn, one of us would flip a card and read off the position. Hilarity ensued as our couples attempted to quickly match the positions and pop their balloon first. A leftover cat may've freaked out and a Aunt Freda's labradoodle may've bit cousin Bob but it was loud, glorious fun. You really get to see the dominant partner in relationships! Who knew that big Cousin Cindy is an alpha gamer?!

It was pretty fun but after five rounds, the basic rules seemed a bit stale. Everyone still wanted to play though, so we added the complication of randomizing the couples. We moved the remaining pets into the garage and started anew. I actually cried tears of laughter as random couples crawled over other couples in order to pair up in the middle. We had Cousin Mike and Gramma Marie on the bear rug and Grammas Tammy and Kim rolling on the floor and winning the Writhing Turtles (Kickstarter award). It was sweaty and sometimes painful but lots of fun!

This was an awesome time and we whole-heartedly recommend this game for nearly anyone.

Except Laura and the kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ravager wrote:
When a family reunion occurs during the GREAT ICESTORM JUPITER'S reign, things can get a little crazy. Twenty-one family members (and dogs and cats)living in close conditions is stressful, unforgiving, and bit gamey after a few days.

I broke out this gem of a game in an attempt to lighten the mood after our third humid evening together. We had sixteen gamers, including two grandmas and three grandpas, two uncles, three aunts and six cousins. To my delight everyone wanted in! Except Laura (my cousin's Billy's wife from Pennsylvania). She's a bit a prude and decided to sit this one out. We let her and the kids off the hook ... today.

We were all a bit lightheaded from generator fumes and having to blow up forty balloons, except for Grampa Larry. He's a smoker and can't breathe right so he just gave advice. We moved the hard furniture aside in the living room and pushed Laura and the kids upstairs.

On each turn, one of us would flip a card and read off the position. Hilarity ensued as our couples attempted to quickly match the positions and pop their balloon first. A leftover cat may've freaked out and a Aunt Freda's labradoodle may've bit cousin Bob but it was loud, glorious fun. You really get to see the dominant partner in relationships! Who knew that big Cousin Cindy is an alpha gamer?!

It was pretty fun but after five rounds, the basic rules seemed a bit stale. Everyone still wanted to play though, so we added the complication of randomizing the couples. We moved the remaining pets into the garage and started anew. I actually cried tears of laughter as random couples crawled over other couples in order to pair up in the middle. We had Cousin Mike and Gramma Marie on the bear rug and Grammas Tammy and Kim rolling on the floor and winning the Writhing Turtles (Kickstarter award). It was sweaty and sometimes painful but lots of fun!

This was an awesome time and we whole-heartedly recommend this game for nearly anyone.

Except Laura and the kids.

The Aristocrats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schema Man
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:

The Aristocrats.

Beat me to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
The Aristocrats.
That's the hardest I've ever laughed at a BGG post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Lea
United Kingdom
Leeds
County: West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Why not include the pets next time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short to be angry all the time. Smile and enjoy the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
They'd have to shaved and oiled first. The hair and balloons would create a static electricity nightmare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.