Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to keep asking so many questions! If Dark plays its magic card, does Gandalf continue to wait to see what dark picks to replace it before choosing he chooses his own card (per his special ability). For all I know its in the rules and I just missed it. Thanks for your help and your patience everyone! I love this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Re:Gandalf question
ebridge (#25819),

I believe the effects of the Magic card must be resolved immediately upon playing it, so in your example Dark plays Magic and declares what card it will be emulating before Gandalf selects a card to respond with.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
ebridge (#25819),

I agree with Octavian. There is no timing involved here (sort of counter intuitive to a bunch of longtime Magic the Gathering players). When Magic is played, it is resolved fully before continuing. In this case, Magic is played by the Dark side, the Dark player picks the card from his discard, then the light player gets to see it before picking Gandalf's card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael H
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ebridge (#25819),

From the FAQ (Gandalf section):

"If not in battle with the Warg and the Dark player plays Magic, the card must be resolved before the Light player plays a card."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.