Mistfall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Maelgar...abomination rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark monk
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Anyone else struggle? Maelgar wiped out the archer in 1 turn...2 undead enemy attacks followed by Maelgar...the archer had highest focus and Maelgar attacked again...total of 16 damage taken in that defence stage ????????????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. Tough cookie.

Hopefully you can spend the Quest token that takes away Maelgar's attack for one turn. Failing that, Ardenai has an "Acrobatic Dodge" that could send Maelgar to the Quest Area, canceling his ordinary attack. It's worth piling all your attacks onto Maelgar rather than his Undead buddies. But if Maelgar gets to do his thing then someone is going to take a LOT of pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deadmarlowe wrote:
Yup. Tough cookie.

Hopefully you can spend the Quest token that takes away Maelgar's attack for one turn. Failing that, Ardenai has an "Acrobatic Dodge" that could send Maelgar to the Quest Area, canceling his ordinary attack. It's worth piling all your attacks onto Maelgar rather than his Undead buddies. But if Maelgar gets to do his thing then someone is going to take a LOT of pain.

I have the Valskyrr Campaign tabled out and I am 3 encounters completed of the first quest - The Abomination.

Using HoTM rules

Heroes
Crow
Fengray,
Venda, 
Ardenai

This advice is welcomed, although I Have already gained 3 Encounters of rewards and no buried cards, spent a fair amount of resolve and have a pool of 7 Resolve, and most Heroes have only a few discarded cards. Gained Two Quest Tokens (A and C)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, three encounters in and no buried cards? That's impressive. I just played the Abomination scenario last night and it was pretty brutal. I think I had at least half of Venda's deck buried before I even got to Maelgar. Apparently I need to be better at damage mitigation and healing.

I was playing with Venda and Arani.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.