6 Posts

Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bandit Hideout Attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Russier
msg tools
Hi everyone,

I have a rule problem with the bandit hideout, and the attack action: How is is suppose to work?

1-Do I have to, let's say attack a zombie, roll for exposure and then roll another dice to see If I get a wound or an item?
2-Or, do I choose if I perform a normal attack or the special attack action of the Hideout?

Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I understood it was "search" and "attack" on the bandit hideout are not to be taken literally. It's just the number you need to roll to use an action die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Russier
msg tools
Thanks, But I confess I do not understand what you are saying:
The way I understand the search is: "if I want to search in the hideout, it is not the same action as normally. I need to use an unused action dice, with a value high enough for my character to perform a search. But instead of taking the first card, I roll a dice, and it tells me what to do." That's ok for the search. Search in the hiedout is just different from the search elsewhere.
But I am confused for the attack. Because if the attack action is just different from the normal attack, it means you can never kill a zombie in the hideout, which makes the game pretty hard!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Russier
msg tools
Ok, I asked directly at plaid hat game and I got my answer: So it is solution 2.
So, when you are in the hideout you can:
- attack a bandit/survivor/zombie like anywhere else
- attack the hideout: you use an action dice, you roll it and see what happens
- search the hideout: you use an action dice, you roll it and see what happens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think I misinterpreted what it was you were asking. You are correct in that it's number 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Russier
msg tools
Thanks for your answer anyway. English is not my mother tongue, so I guess my question was not clear ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.