GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,220 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Escape Room: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: Where the hell do you get the expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Petersen
msg tools
Been looking everywhere seems like only place they are even listed is on official website and they don't sell them there. Any links, especially for fun land and murder mystery would be appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As near as I can tell they are simply not available yet.

I check weekly, all over.

I found them for sale on one website:

http://www.toy-city.nl/identity-games-escape-room-the-game-e...

Their website won't ship to USA though.

I figure it's got to be getting close!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably the only reason I still step into Toys R US locations recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Swinkels
Belgium
Webbekom
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some belgian online shops have it:

http://www.spelshop.be/nl/catalogsearch/result/?q=escape+roo...

http://adriaensen-speciaalzaak.be/index.php?controller=searc...=

http://www.spelgezel.be/spel-zoeken/gevonden.asp?leeftijd=al...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thad Modlin
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed today that my local Walmart had copies of both expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tjm4077 wrote:
I noticed today that my local Walmart had copies of both expansions.

Where do you live Thad?

I've been checking both online and 3 different Walmart's new me, (yes I need to get a life) and none of them have them for sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thad Modlin
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Greenville, SC. I was wandering through the toy section with my daughter and happened to note a display with stacks of both expansions side by side. They only caught my eye because I had just been given the base game as a gift. Oddly enough, they don't show up as in stock if I search the Walmart site for that same store, but they definitely had at least 4 copies of each expansion on the shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I were birthday shopping for my son this past weekend. We had already picked up a copy of the game from our local Books-A-Million and had already resigned ourselves to the fact that we wouldn't be able to find a copy of any exp's in time.

We stopped on the way home at the Wal Mart to pick up a bday card and lo and behold, we found not only did they have the base game $15 cheaper but also had the exp's!!

So we got the base plus 2 exp's from the Wal Mart and returned the one we bought from Books-A-Million.

Who would've known?. We weren't even looking for anything in the Wally!

Edit: I don't know if the other posters in this thread who also were at their Wal Marts noticed, but our Wal Mart also had a pretty decent selection of other hobby board games. I'd say it rivals Target in terms of discount department stores. And seems a bit cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clammy721 wrote:
My wife and I were birthday shopping for my son this past weekend. We had already picked up a copy of the game from our local Books-A-Million and had already resigned ourselves to the fact that we wouldn't be able to find a copy of any exp's in time.

We stopped on the way home at the Wal Mart to pick up a bday card and lo and behold, we found not only did they have the base game $15 cheaper but also had the exp's!!

So we got the base plus 2 exp's from the Wal Mart and returned the one we bought from Books-A-Million.

Who would've known?. We weren't even looking for anything in the Wally!

Edit: I don't know if the other posters in this thread who also were at their Wal Marts noticed, but our Wal Mart also had a pretty decent selection of other hobby board games. I'd say it rivals Target in terms of discount department stores. And seems a bit cheaper.

So jealous of you guys who are finding the expansions locally. What a find! Come one Wal-Mart get these out to all your stores!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Widbin
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like they are getting more widespread nationally. Walmart in Fort Wayne, Indiana had both expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toys R Us is still dry as of late last week - though they had plenty of the base game available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanessa Lopez
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing in Canada yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mamapapillon wrote:
Nothing in Canada yet.

Or Arizona

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toys R Us got their third and final chance today. TRU had probably 40 copies of the base game, but no expansions. I walked out empty handed.

I reluctantly entered the nearby Walmart and after scouring the aisle and mising the display, we checked their online inventory and then redoubled our efforts. We eventually found both expansions (in the same display box) and feel lucky to have done so because they had only one display box of the expansions and ZERO copies of the base game.

These two expansions are literally the 5th and 6th things I have ever purchased at a Walmart.

I hope the company figures out how to distribute to other big-box stores, or changes their mind concerning their apparent reluctance to sell to smaller, independant game stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Bennetts
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I found them at select Wal-Marts near me. I went to 4 different Wal-Marts and only 2 had them. I dont think it a distribution problem, but more about the size of the store. The stores that had them were bigger, and the game aisles had a large selection of games like Catan and other "deluxe" games. The wal-marts that didnt have them only had a few selection of games. Toys R us and Target had nothing. In fact Target had the base game for 15usd on clearance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benneluke wrote:
I found them at select Wal-Marts near me. I went to 4 different Wal-Marts and only 2 had them. I dont think it a distribution problem, but more about the size of the store. The stores that had them were bigger, and the game aisles had a large selection of games like Catan and other "deluxe" games. The wal-marts that didnt have them only had a few selection of games. Toys R us and Target had nothing. In fact Target had the base game for 15usd on clearance!

Interesting.
So me checking my local Wal-mart probably is a waste of time, as they mostly have candyland type games.

Good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.