GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,441 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Space Vermin From Beyond!» Forums » General

Subject: map component change? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My game came with two separate maps instead of one double sided map. Is this a purposeful change? I also thought the map was rather thin. It feels like it will be easy to tear at the center where all the fold lines meet though I could be wrong). The map looks great as is the game. I was just wondering if my map is the norm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - that's weird. You should have one map sheet with an Alpha Zone on the front and a Beta Zone on the back. Not sure what you got.

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, that is weird. I thought they made the decision to change the maps. But Marco recently posted his review and I saw that the maps are still supposed to be double sided. I wonder if the paper is supposed to be thicker (more durable) than the ones I received as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I never hear of any map changes and all the copies I've seen had only one mapsheet, printed on both sides. If that was a postage stamp it would be worth millions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LKM 2023
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
But there was some kind of print change. My map of Invaders is thicker and with better color than the map I got with this game. Looks like a different printing process and paper too. Colors duller on the Vermin nap. Disappointing. I was expecting the same as I got when I bought the first game not that long ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb

Nope, still the same printing process and we actually upped the weight of the paper a couple of games back. I can't however, address this directly because the printer also fulfills the games. I can say two things:

1. Personally, I'd prefer two maps. That way the unused map isn't rubbing against the tabletop and wearing itself out.
2. We are MORE than happy to replace the copy of your game. We might make a mistake, but we are always happy to make it right. Just email me at markATtinybattlegamesDOTcom. K?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Mark!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tres welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.