5 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: New to the game and just have a couple questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Smith
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey all! just a couple quick questions for a few interactions for a new player. Any clarfication is much appreciated!

When gaining the recurring bonus for recuit do i only gain it from mine and other players bottom row action? Not when for example i gain a mech from an encounter or upgrade via the factory card?
Also with the encounter cards when im imstructed to nuild a building do i still place tlace them on the hex the encounter is resolved? Just curious because this seems to possible interfere with the possible bonus coins at the end of the game?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus S
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On your first question, you are correct, placing a mech or getting a benefit from an encounter is completely different than taking and paying for a bottom row action.
All benefits from an encounter must be placed on the space of the encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
Schostoppa wrote:
Hey all! just a couple quick questions for a few interactions for a new player. Any clarfication is much appreciated!

When gaining the recurring bonus for recuit do i only gain it from mine and other players bottom row action?

Yes.

Quote:
Not when for example i gain a mech from an encounter or upgrade via the factory card?
No, the rules specify that the trigger for the bonus is the associated bottom-row action. So a different game occurrence that has the same effect as a bottom-row action would not trigger the ongoing bonus.

Quote:
Also with the encounter cards when im imstructed to nuild a building do i still place tlace them on the hex the encounter is resolved?
Yes.

Quote:
Just curious because this seems to possible interfere with the possible bonus coins at the end of the game?
Yes, it could.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow! Such a fast response! Thank you! just wanted to make sure i was playing it all correctly. Dont want to be the guy who screws people out of coins or resources!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick clarification: the Enlist ongoing bonus is applied for your own bottom row action or your NEIGHBORS. So only the player to your right & left. In a 4+ player game, those not immediately next to you do not trigger the enlist bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.