Popular Tags: [View All]
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be another Forbidden title? We have Forbidden Island and Forbidden Desert. I love both and would like to see a third in the series.

How about:
Forbidden Cave or
Forbidden City
where an earth tremors are causing things to collapse.

Or Forbidden Jungle. Perhaps the wildlife and even the plants make things difficult.

Or Forbidden Ship either a sinking ship or better a sunk ship where the adventures are scubaing around and the old ship is collapsing which is partly caused by the adventure's activities.

Or another scuba idea: Forbidden Abyss

Or Forbidden Mountain where the mountain is a volcano that is about to erupt.

Any other ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidden Spaceport?

Forbidden Amusement Park? (That's probably stretching it too far.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Metal Rat wrote:
Forbidden Spaceport?
Lheartve it! You would need O2 the way you need water in Forbidden Desert.

Quote:
Forbidden Amusement Park? (That's probably stretching it too far.)
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time I see a reference to Forbidden Stars I do a double take, and then remember it's a totally different game.... such a wasted opportunity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forby
msg tools
I have a postulated game in the Variants section where it is Forbidden Space. Happens in an Asteroid Belt with a "Grav-Storm". Based mostly on Forbidden Desert, still working on making it different enough, but I did it up with Hexagon tiles and have up to 6 players with 7 Astronauts to choose from. The idea is rough but still workable. I like the idea of Hexagon Tiles. I was thinking that the equipment should be in the Rubble tiles and not on the Asteroid Tiles. But, I think it could work.
Other differences, no Launchpad tile. You have your Ship Tile and have to bring back the Teleporter engine back to the ship for install. Teleport Caves instead of Tunnels. Oxygen tanks instead of water and Solar Flares that consume the oxygen. Not sure all the details yet. Currently it resembles more of a re-skinned Forbidden Desert with Hex Tiles. But working on making it more different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidden Housework

(it just keeps piling up)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidden Love?

Explore some psychological and emotional depths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Forbidden Dance? (it's a dexterity game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Harbaugh
United States
Roxana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidden Pyramid can you escape with the forbidden treasures hidden deep within a Pyramid of Egypt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Watts
New Zealand
Hawera South Taranaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Lucky Texan wrote:
Forbidden Housework

(it just keeps piling up)

I'd buy this for my wife

It's what happens without realizing anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Watts
New Zealand
Hawera South Taranaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something like forbidden planet maybe?

So much could be done with it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matrix4b wrote:
I have a postulated game in the Variants section where it is Forbidden Space. Happens in an Asteroid Belt with a "Grav-Storm". Based mostly on Forbidden Desert, still working on making it different enough, but I did it up with Hexagon tiles and have up to 6 players with 7 Astronauts to choose from. The idea is rough but still workable. I like the idea of Hexagon Tiles. I was thinking that the equipment should be in the Rubble tiles and not on the Asteroid Tiles. But, I think it could work.
Other differences, no Launchpad tile. You have your Ship Tile and have to bring back the Teleporter engine back to the ship for install. Teleport Caves instead of Tunnels. Oxygen tanks instead of water and Solar Flares that consume the oxygen. Not sure all the details yet. Currently it resembles more of a re-skinned Forbidden Desert with Hex Tiles. But working on making it more different.

I have to go check out your thread. Hex tiles would be a nice change up. And I think a space theme would be great. What are the adventures?

Oxygen Carrier
Explorer
Navigator

Not sure what else

Mike2316 wrote:
Forbidden Pyramid can you escape with the forbidden treasures hidden deep within a Pyramid of Egypt

Oh yeah, better than my Cave Idea.

foognut wrote:

What natural elements would the adventures be fighting against?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forby
msg tools
For Forbidden Space characters I had: Medic (like the water carrier), Physicist, Capetian, Xeno-Archeologist, and a few others. Now that I think about it: Belter (like the Climber) could be a character.

Here is the link
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1693508/hex-tile-variant-6-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidden Re-theme!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Morgan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Isn't this obvious?

FORBIDDEN CTHULHU
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themorgs wrote:
Isn't this obvious?

FORBIDDEN CTHULHU

bones of the devoured just keep piling up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themorgs wrote:
Isn't this obvious?

FORBIDDEN CTHULHU

Can we throw some zombies and trains in there too? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forby
msg tools
rainbowrose wrote:
Matrix4b wrote:

I have to go check out your thread. Hex tiles would be a nice change up. And I think a space theme would be great. What are the adventures?

Oxygen Carrier
Explorer
Navigator

Not sure what else

Mike2316 wrote:

Oh yeah, better than my Cave Idea.

foognut wrote:

What natural elements would the adventures be fighting against?

Not Oxygen Carrier, I chose Medic as the name. Physicist instead of Meterologist. Predicting the GravStorme in the Astroid Belt.

Instead of Sun Beats Down: Solar Flare (makes you use up more oxygen).

The other characters that I had were: Captain, Xeno-Archeologist, Belter (instead of climber), Navigator can stay the same but if you want to have the name spin on all of them you could do Astro-Navigator or simply Astronomer.

I have been thinking on some changes:

Grav-Storm is eating away the material rather than distributing it.
Equipment is found in the stack of "Sand Tiles" which I call debris tiles. You search through the stack. If an asteroid has no debris and the storm comes it can be destroyed (removing the Hex Tile)

Mechanically this does present some problems that I hadn't figured out yet.
1. You randomly search the tiles for equipment, not on the tiles
2. How do the Astroids flip?
3. Do you have 2 storms when an asteroid is destoryed? Different loosing condition is losing your asteroid field or getting sucked into the Grav-Storm.
4. A large stack of debris tiles would be hard to move. Maybe have them all stacked to the side and a die of the amount of tiles on it? Then you draw those many tiles, equipment and hints are in it and "Excavating" is simply 2 or 3 actions with an even number of die on it?

I don't know. Making it different enough (beyond Hex Tiles) to be a different game is challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forby
msg tools
I am not Affiliated with anyone on the game but I did play around with it a bit. Trying to make it different enough without it being just a Reskin of the game. I also figured a better name would be Forbidden Sector. Here are some images that I have been playing with:
Back of General Tile:

Unblocked Debris Tile:

Blocked Debris Tile:

Portal (Tunnel) Tile:

Oxygen Asteroid (Water Tile):

Broken Asteroid (False Water Tile):

General Astronaut Image:

And finally the general board set up:

Other than some of the rules earlier that is all I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forby
msg tools
Not good with original art or layout or PDF making so I am just sort of cobbling it together. I had considered making a PnP version of the proposed game to have fun with and make it for free for the practice. Considering it is all Fan stuff and I have no rights to the images, not sure that they are not free use images but hey, I am not profiting on it and that is what copywright is meant to protect: Money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll most likely be Forbidden Tundra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Dice
Paraguay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I follow Matt and Gamewright on Twitter to see if there is any news..

Common Matt, we have Pandemic Chtulu, Iberia, Legacy, etc. its our turn now!

A sequel or expansion would be great

But in a more serious note, creating a sequel I suppose it's hard because it's no just about tweak some mechanism here and there, is about creating a AI from scratch, thats a real challenge

Also Matt created Forbidden Island inspired by Pandemic, then FD turning around some mechanisms of FI (sinking tiles - tiles that get buried for example) so I dunno were he will get inspiration for this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My money is on Forbidden Legacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.