Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Fryer
United States
Woodstock
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone please post a sample finish photo for a stage 1, with the resulting times? Then, another for the riders after the second stage. I have seen several, but they don't make sense to me. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Fryer
United States
Woodstock
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw Ryan Keane's explanation in a post, which was extremely helpful. I now understand it. Every turn a rider does not cross the finish line, they lose a minute, and continue till they cross, ultimately gaining 10 seconds back for every space they advance past the finish line.

Top 2 riders get a 10 second bonus if they are in the same pack, and team points are awarded to the top 3 finishers, 3/2/1. Run 6 stages and add 3/2/1 bonus points for cummulative top 3 individual riders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Fryer
United States
Woodstock
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the purpose of adding 3 general classification points to the overall winner after 6 stages, as they have won anyway? Ditto for adding 2 points for 2nd, and 3 for 3rd. Is it just to separate them from the rest of the riders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
I will try to do a brief video later in the week

Cavalry Man wrote:
What is the purpose of adding 3 general classification points to the overall winner after 6 stages, as they have won anyway? Ditto for adding 2 points for 2nd, and 3 for 3rd. Is it just to separate them from the rest of the riders?

The winner of the Grand Tour is the TEAM with the most Tour Points, NOT the RIDER with the best time.

Regards
Asger Granerud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cavalry Man wrote:

This is how your time is scored and added to the points you've received from placing in each stage. So having the best time after 6 stages is worth the same as winning a single stage. In my solo Tour I just did, I "forgot" to subtract 0:10 each stage for the first 2 placers. This seems to just compound TP's though.

In practice, with only 6 stages, I think the cyclists with the most TP are also always going to have the best times. Perhaps we need to incorporate some shorter stages, flat with some descents, that maybe favor sprinters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Fryer
United States
Woodstock
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A video summarizing the grand tour timing would be awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a Grand Tour today with four stages.
Timing went okay after the first stage, but I just couldn't figure it out after the second stage.
So I welcome any video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I posted an instructional video - just waiting for moderator approval, but here's the youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJr5sW3_0pg&feature=youtu.be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Fryer
United States
Woodstock
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Fryer
United States
Woodstock
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great video. Appreciate it! Ran two stages of a six stage tour today, and the AI neutral team and I have 5 tour points, with the wife at two. Also keeping mountain and attack points, which is fun. In the 2nd stage, the neutral roller took off at the start and never relinquished the lead, winning each of the 3 mountain stretches. Not giving the neutral riders any exhaustion helps them, though their random draws can be chaotic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cavalry Man wrote:
Great video. Appreciate it! Ran two stages of a six stage tour today, and the AI neutral team and I have 5 tour points, with the wife at two. Also keeping mountain and attack points, which is fun. In the 2nd stage, the neutral roller took off at the start and never relinquished the lead, winning each of the 3 mountain stretches. Not giving the neutral riders any exhaustion helps them, though their random draws can be chaotic.

Yeah, as the Tour progresses and one or both of your cyclists starts to pile on the exhaustions faster than you can get rid of them, it's like finding a diamond in a rough to pull your non-2's. My rouleur finished stage 6 with 22 exhaustion!

How are you doing the mountain and attack points?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Fryer
United States
Woodstock
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first and second riders out of each mountain stretch get 2/1 points. Each round of card play, the leader gets an attack point. The cummulative leaders in the mountains and attackers over the 6 stages will get 3/2/1 tour points, same as finishing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in a stage.

We are managing our exhaustion pretty well, only carrying 2 for each rider going into the 4th stage. The blue roller has won the last two stages as the AI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.