Marc von Canal
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, a character can use each skill only once per round. Does this also apply to defensive skills, such as Turtleback's Thick Shell, which activate on the opponent's turn? Or can Turtleback use Thick Shell to cancel strikes from multiple attacks as long as he has the 2 mana to spend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Load Boardgame
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
This rule applies to all skills, even defensive ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Odd, I did not see any such limitation in the rulebook. I could only find the once per round limit on items, not for skills. Could you kindly share where in the rulebook this limitation is listed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Caruso
United States
Anna
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
Load Boardgame wrote:
This rule applies to all skills, even defensive ones.

Only once
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chiky Scares You
msg tools
Yes, only once. Same with defensive items. You gotta know which skills or damage to take and which to defend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you kindly share where in the rulebook this limitation is listed, specifically for skills?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chiky Scares You
msg tools
Page 17:
Skill Activation - Using one of the hero's innate skills. Each skill can only be preformed once per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
xchikyx wrote:
Page 17:
Skill Activation - Using one of the hero's innate skills. Each skill can only be preformed once per turn.

Sure enough. I am irritated with the manual though. This is another example of a critical rule being buried where it isn't expected. You would think this important rule would have been mentioned in the main section about skills (pg 12), like it is mentioned in the section about items (pg 11).

If you also notice, the paragraph above the one you found is titled items, but does not list the item's limitation there. Very inconsistent. One almost wonders if the sentence were accidentally attached to the wrong paragraph, and should have been attached to the paragraph about items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chiky Scares You
msg tools
kiloforce wrote:
xchikyx wrote:
Page 17:

Sure enough. I am irritated with the manual though. This is another example of a critical rule being buried where it isn't expected. You would think this important rule would have been mentioned in the main section about skills (pg 12), like it is mentioned in the section about items (pg 11).

If you also notice, the paragraph above the one you found is titled items, but does not list the item's limitation there. Very inconsistent. One almost wonders if the sentence were accidentally attached to the wrong paragraph, and should have been attached to the paragraph about items.

Ywah, the rulebook is a little messed up, hope they fix everything in reLOAD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.