Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so I have my big collection of little planes. Now...how do I store them? I already have my base WoW sets combined into the original Famous Aces box (sans insert), but there's no way I can fit 12 planes (plus 12 more in the fall...and another 12 in the spring...), plus decks in a single similarly-sized box. Even if I split them up, I doubt I'd be able to get 6 each in the WYB and BD boxes. At least not without breakage concerns.

So...how do you store your WoW minis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Carlson
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought WoW:FA on Monday. I do plan on buying the minis at Origins this year. Probably only 6 though, as I only want certain planes. I have thought of this myself. I am guessing a tackle box would work well, as you could put everything in there (counters, altitude pegs rulers and what not)from all of the box sets.

I would look for a tackle box that has adjustable tray lengths(where they have inserts that fit into slots to make sections bigger or smaller). That way you can customize how everything fits in.

I haven't seen anything by Rubbermaid that would work well though. As I haven't seen how the planes fit into their little boxes, are you going to keep them in those? Let me know what you eventually find and do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This is a basic craft box from Ben Franklin.

I've put some styrofoam chunks (not pictured) at the bottom of each square to keep the planes from sliding around so much. I bought some felt to line the cells, too, though I haven't cut it out yet, to keep the wings from scraping against the edges of the case. There are 12 more identically sized cells for the next wave. I'll probably do some tuckboxes for the cards and stash them in another case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Poulos
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
I guess there's more to starting a game company than just having a name... :(
badge
What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, a gaming machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this gamer does is sleep and eat and place little meeples, and that's all.
mbmbmbmbmb
i used a tackle box, Plano3741, that seems to be working good so far. once more sets come out, i'm not sure if i'll get more of these or get a larger deal that can carry them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meitzler
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also use the plano3741 box, i have 2 and keep the minis in their original packaging. I figure if they can survive the trip from china than those little boxes are a good solution. One of the plano boxes holds 6 minis in original boxes, the other has 2 minis, the damage deck, rulers and the player boards. I own 2 of each on the planes, so far its working great, the minis are very safe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.