Subject: "mana meltdown" question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
helm helmster

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
the card reads "players must randomly choose a crystal..."

random - by color or quantity? (for example, if I have 3 red & 1 blue crystal, is the chance that I lose my blue 1-in-2 or 1-in-4?)

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the text alone, I'd say 1 in 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Honore
France
Berzé la ville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say the same.
Usually the wording is quite accurate in MK. I think it would have been worded differently.
"Each player must randomly select a color represented in their crystal stock. They lose a crystal of that color".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could always roll a mana die too if you want, reroll any gold or black, but I agree with the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevozip wrote:
Could always roll a mana die too if you want, reroll any gold or black, but I agree with the others.
That makes sense if you have the same number of crystals per different color. Or you could roll a standard D6 (D10) if you have up to 6 (10) crystals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
put the crystals you have in your supply into a cup. close your eyes. reach into the cup. pull out 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeus Cat

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
helm wrote:
the card reads "players must randomly choose a crystal..."

random - by color or quantity? (for example, if I have 3 red & 1 blue crystal, is the chance that I lose my blue 1-in-2 or 1-in-4?)

thanks!

It depends on how you decide to choose the color of the crystal to be lost. If, as others have already said, you throw your four crystals into a cup, then the probability that you will lose the blue one is 1 out of 4.

If you roll the mana die to decide it will be 1 out of 2. This assumes each player rolls a die and keeps rolling until the color on the rolled die matches one of the crystals in their possession.

Personally, I think the first method is the best one as you are literally choosing from the actual crystals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.