Subject: Big box for next expansion please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG can you please release the next expansion with a big box so that everything up to now will fit into the box please. Pretty Please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Won't happen. FFG don't assume that everyone buys everything, so why would "everyone" need such a thing? Besides, when you create the big box in the lifetime of a game and its expansions? Might you have to create a series of big boxes and then at some point create a mega box to consolidate all those big boxes? 

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shay Walsh
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found the perfect box on eBay. Pine with lower section and 2 upper trays with dividers (may subdivide these as well). Perfect for every thing. £25 including p&p. Although cards have to lay flat in bottom. Still really pleased with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Won't happen. FFG don't assume that everyone buys everything, so why would "everyone" need such a thing? Besides, when you create the big box in the lifetime of a game and its expansions? Might you have to create a series of big boxes and then at some point create a mega box to consolidate all those big boxes? 

Why not? AEG did it with smash up and cutthroat caverns had an expansion in a larger box to fit everything in. Just having a bigger box would really help to fit everything in as I suspect the game has outgrown their original plans for it releasing it in its current sized box.

I also suspect most people will have one or two expansions as well for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Drittz wrote:
Why not?

Because they never did, and they never showed to care for such solutions. They have HUGE games in their catalogue (e.g: 6500 cards for LotR) and they never came up with any storage solution despite many wanting one.

But there's plenty of other solutions available on line, from DIY items to luxury delights such as this one.

In any case, it's enough getting a couple of UltraPro deck boxes and you're set for all the cards in the game. There are double deck boxes with a removable insert for the tarot cards, and mini american cards can be hosted face-down in standard Magic decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drittz wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

Why not? AEG did it with smash up and cutthroat caverns had an expansion in a larger box to fit everything in. Just having a bigger box would really help to fit everything in as I suspect the game has outgrown their original plans for it releasing it in its current sized box.

I also suspect most people will have one or two expansions as well for the game.
As Scarlet Witch says: FFG are not AEG and if anybody understands how to implement and sell expansions, it's FFG (by contrast, see the furore over the Trains, Planes and Automobiles expansion for an example of AEG's prowess in the field of expansions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
deeth82 wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:
In any case...

I C wut U did there.

LOL, happy someone noticed it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Drittz wrote:
Why not?

But there's plenty of other solutions available on line, from DIY items to luxury delights such as this one.

You had me at Elder Sign Box, but lost me at 90 pounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shero

Texas
msg tools
goo Check out the folks at The Broken Token. They don't currently have a box insert for this game, but you can vote on their page for a new box replacement, or insert that you would like them to make
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clubb
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just have everything in bags by type/expansion and have all of the components in a plastic bin with a lid.

I love the box in the link! Super nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam L
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordChereaux wrote:
goo Check out the folks at The Broken Token. They don't currently have a box insert for this game, but you can vote on their page for a new box replacement, or insert that you would like them to make

I think I've seen similar projects using wooden dividers etc, but the issue is that the main box is just too small to accommodate much beyond the base game. Add in an expansion (or sleeved cards) and you're stuffed! (literally!)

I'm still searching for the ideal solution. I've tried a wooden box off ebay which fits everything but is quite large. I've tried printing tuck boxes for the cards (unsleeved) and putting the tokens in plastic card boxes. This seems the best compromise so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or a new edition of the base game in a big box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.