Subject: Organising the standees rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Magnissimus Maximus
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the CSCL Mercury is slowly chugging along with my copy somewhere between Sri Lanka and the Suez Canal, I worry a bit about the setup and tear-down time of Gloomhaven. Finding the right standees quickly for each scenario looks like the biggest issue for me, as there is no designated spot for them in the insert (as this would not be physically possible without a second insert on top).

I plan to organise the standees in hobby boxes - hopefully I can find one that fits in the box while still fitting the standees neatly. I haven´t been able to find an overview of the number and size of each of the standees. Is this information available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
the numbers in paranthesis are the number of standees of that enemy type:
http://www.cephalofair.com/gloomhaven-monster-spoilers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same thought.
I didn't order the mini version, so I`m hoping that it would not be too hard to modify the space dedicate for the minis to hold the standees .. I`m sure I can create some foamcoare to place in that area that can easy go from box to table for the standees...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My thought for now was putting all the enemy cards and standees in individual envelopes for each of them. Maybe putting those envelopes in a small box or something similar that goes on top of the boxes, but until the game gets here I won't be able to know if that is going to fit or not. But from the point of setup having named envelopes with everything needed in them might speed up things. Or maybe baggies so you can identify the easily, but could be harder to organise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ps u know what I like... the foam that comes with the game. I might be able to use it as a bases to create trays for all the stuff that need to be punch out.. or if not at the every least I could do foamcore insert and leave those move where they come in the box and place the tray in top, keeping the cards and such in place

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Nygaard
msg tools
mb
I think you can put the standees between the enemy cards. This way you can flip your way through them like an archive and then you both pick up the standees and the enemy card Bonus points for alphabetical order!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Magnissimus Maximus
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:

Thank you! Do you know if the second number is height in inches?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Meissner
Scotland
Edinburgh
Lothians
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magnissimus wrote:
Morthai wrote:

As far as I know it is kind of a rough difficulty/monster strength indicator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
magnissimus wrote:

the second number is their difficulty value for custom scenarios and balancing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As suggested by Paul Grogan (I think) I'm going to put each set of monster standees and related gubbins in a separate envelope, name it, seal it and only open it as and when that type of creature is called for. More hidden stuff to open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mason
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nass wrote:
I think you can put the standees between the enemy cards. This way you can flip your way through them like an archive and then you both pick up the standees and the enemy card

This was my plan. I am curious if anyone has a strong argument for why this would or would not work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Courtemanche
Canada
Bois-des-filion
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CiviliTalismaniac wrote:
Nass wrote:
I think you can put the standees between the enemy cards. This way you can flip your way through them like an archive and then you both pick up the standees and the enemy card

This was my plan. I am curious if anyone has a strong argument for why this would or would not work.

Personally, the only thing that makes me hesitate doing the same is getting spoiled myself in the process. That being said, in any case, if you need to go through all of them to look for a particular standee you'll spoil yourself anyway right there and then.

So anyway...

Are the standee identified in anyway except the actual picture on it? Like numbered or labelled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.