Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Import / Export will be launching on Kickstarter on January 20th!

A little backstory on the game, I was inspired one night after playing both Container and Glory to Rome back to back, two of my favorite games. I couldn't sleep, running through the possibilities of a role selection game, mixed with unique powers and two fluctuating economies. By the morning I had designed and illustrated over 100 unique cards for a prototype. It was a bit insane really now that I think about it, but fast forward 6 months, a lot of play testing and feedback from people all around world, and here we are.

I won't talk too much about how the game works here, as there is an incredible amount of information on the Kickstarter, I just wanted to give everyone who might be interested a heads up as there are some pledges that will disappear quickly:

- An early bird special with a discount for the first 24 hours only.
- A limited run of 100 special copies of the game that include 12 cargo ship miniatures in 6 colors.

If you are a fan of Glory to Rome, Container, or building tech trees I'm certain you will love this game. Here's a link to the pre-Kickstarter page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jordandraper/144417345?...

Jordan Draper
Dark Flight Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting game! You got a nice pitch from Joe Wiggins at the WDPTW podcast!

The link doesn't work it seems

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for catching that, for some reason BGG won't allow the full link to appear, you have to copy the text in parenthesis and paste it at the end of the link after the 5 and it should work:

(?token=42212665)

Joe has been helping me play test and improve the game, it has been invaluable! I just listened to the episode this morning, very happy he has been so involved and interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jordan Draper wrote:
Thanks for catching that, for some reason BGG won't allow the full link to appear, you have to copy the text in parenthesis and paste it at the end of the link after the 5 and it should work:

(?token=42212665)

Joe has been helping me play test and improve the game, it has been invaluable! I just listened to the episode this morning, very happy he has been so involved and interested!

That link worked - thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaign is now live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jordandraper/import-exp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennan Sheremeto
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
no early bird that includes the model ships?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed, then noticed that I'm already blocked from game content. I have a pretty dim view of artificial scarcity like that, so dropped out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Smith
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love Glory to Rome and the base game of Import/Export looks interesting plus I like the theme. The $35 price seems reasonable. The expansions seem over priced for 10 or 15 cards. Would be nice to purchase the ship models separately as that really adds to the theme. To get the ships I need to more than double my pledge (not going to happen). The graphics are very basic multi-coloured box shapes. Looks like a proto-type version not a finished game. Probably will not fund or at least not beyond the basic $35 pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Cresswell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Hi there.

The premise is intriguing. The card art styling is very reminiscent of GTR black box edition which is a good thing.

Unfortunately the Kickstarter images are too low resolution to make out what any of the card text reads aside from titles. Also worth mentioning that the promotional video lends nothing useful to support the campaign.

Since the game takes significant inspiration from Heavy Cardboard favourite Container, I am surprised to not have heard this game mentioned on that podcast recently.

Good luck with the campaig! I would certainly be interested in a play of this game.

Regards,

Stuart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennan Sheremeto
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
werekin wrote:
Hi there.

The premise is intriguing. The card art styling is very reminiscent of GTR black box edition which is a good thing.

Unfortunately the Kickstarter images are too low resolution to make out what any of the card text reads aside from titles. Also worth mentioning that the promotional video lends nothing useful to support the campaign.

Since the game takes significant inspiration from Heavy Cardboard favourite Container, I am surprised to not have heard this game mentioned on that podcast recently.

Good luck with the campaig! I would certainly be interested in a play of this game.

Regards,

Stuart

The first post in this thread is from the 16th and there hasnt been a heavy cardboard episode since then, so that is probably why it hasn't been talked about on there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
th3tick wrote:
I backed, then noticed that I'm already blocked from game content. I have a pretty dim view of artificial scarcity like that, so dropped out.

Hi John,

After realizing that this was an issue for some backers I made ALL game content available to everyone. I hope you will consider supporting the project again, I've learned a lot from the campaign and will never be offering exclusive gameplay content again.

Thanks for your consideration and for supporting the project in the beginning!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
werekin wrote:
Hi there.

Regards,

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I fully understand the issues with low resolution images on the campaign page, unfortunately there is nothing I can do as Kickstarter auto resizes them to a 600 pixel width (I've tried uploading the images at many resolutions, usually 2,000 pixel width plus).

If you are still interested in playing the game there is a PnP available now at the $5 pledge level, or I would be more than happy to forward a test copy to you.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Jordan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jordan Draper wrote:
th3tick wrote:

Hi John,

After realizing that this was an issue for some backers I made ALL game content available to everyone. I hope you will consider supporting the project again, I've learned a lot from the campaign and will never be offering exclusive gameplay content again.

Actually, I noticed this, and am now a backer. I appreciate your learning from this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jordan Draper wrote:
th3tick wrote:

Hi John,

Just became aware of this, and upon cursory review of the KS campaign I want to inquire about an inventory of what content is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
oddtime wrote:
Jordan Draper wrote:
th3tick wrote:

Hi John,

Just became aware of this, and upon cursory review of the KS campaign I want to inquire about an inventory of what content is available.

Here is a list of all content available for the game:

- Base game ($35 retail):
- 100 unique goods cards
- 12 player ship cards
- 1 captain 1st player card
- 1 tier player aid card
- 1 good power reference sheet
- 6 oversized harbor cards (1 in each player color)
- 1 oversized supply island card
- 40 white credit cubes
- 32 red rectangular credit cubes
- 1 24 page rulebook
- (any other stretch goals unlocked before the campaign ends)

- Kickstarter expansion ($10 retail, included with the base game for backers):
- 5 dual color goods cards, and 5 backer created cards (now in progress)

- Jutaku Expansion (released with the Jutaku Kickstarter and available now) ($10 retail):
- 10 multi-colored cards, including the alternate win condition "Graphics Cards"

- Tokyo Expansion ($10 retail):
- 10 Japanese themed multi-colored cards
- 1 oversized Tokyo Harbor card (adds a new rule)

- Capital Expansion ($10 retail):
- 15 Grey cards that offer unique abilities. Most of the abilities do not need to built to be used.
- A new action type, and extra rules for the game
- The ability for the grey player ship to be used when less than 6 players are playing

- Deluxe $80 pledge:
- Everything listed above
- 3 unique multi-colored goods cards, 2 of which feature alternate win conditions
- 12 model ships that replace your player ship cards, in 6 colors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't need to see the KS program. You had me at "Glory to Rome meets Container!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.