Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Emergence Event» Forums » Rules

Subject: What's special about the centre tile? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Banks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know you can't move into it unless you have Lv 2 Navigation but other than that what's up with it?

I might have missed something in the easy to read manual but should there be some reward of something for the first player in there?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
The numbers on it is the scatter directions when you use TDD and roll 1d6.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Banks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bone White wrote:
The numbers on it is the scatter directions when you use TDD and roll 1d6.


Is that it? Why the special treatment about moving through it then?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I can think of two reasons:

One, it's thematic, the whole "barren" centre of the galaxy (usually a black hole and therefore hard to cross without getting captured).

Two, it makes cross-galaxy TDDs more expensive if you cannot pass through it, thus making your use of TDD more tactically situational to get to those cross-map discoveries.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Banks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bone White wrote:
I can think of two reasons:

One, it's thematic, the whole "barren" centre of the galaxy (usually a black hole and therefore hard to cross without getting captured).

Two, it makes cross-galaxy TDDs more expensive if you cannot pass through it, thus making your use of TDD more tactically situational to get to those cross-map discoveries.


Ah, you can't TDD through it.

Can you TDD through un-charteded tiles? (I know you can't TDD onto them)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
BanksySan wrote:
Can you TDD through un-charteded tiles? (I know you can't TDD onto them)


Page 12 28/Dec/2015 Rulebook wrote:
TDD cannot be used to jump over unrevealed Galaxy Tiles and must also abide by the same Center Galaxy Tile restrictions found under normal move.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BanksySan wrote:
I know you can't move into it unless you have Lv 2 Navigation but other than that what's up with it?

I might have missed something in the easy to read manual but should there be some reward of something for the first player in there?

There are 2 end-game scoring Achievement Cards that deal with the center tile.

Cartographer rewards 5 VP to the first player to land on the center hex of that tile.

Opportunist involves it in a round-about way. It awards the player who won the most Open Space encounters with 3VP. If you were going for this, the center tile could be counted.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.