Subject: Tonkowa Scouts Negate Harassment? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Cooper
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I'm waist deep in the game for a month now, winning some early periods, but only in the 4th History card for the 2nd time. Tonkawa Scouts is in play, and, predictably, the nasty 8 point US War Column is now marching from the East.

First, please confirm this tactic is legal:
Horsemanship 3 (+2 MP) and Lord of the Plains 2 (Harass Action) are in play. A 1-6 Band, with his 8 MP's, can enter a War Column's space, Harass multiple times at 2 MP each, and pull back one space ending its turn. Then I re-activate it with an AP, and conduct the same multiple Harassments until the War Column is removed. That ok?

If it is, while I understand the War Column does not reduce in strength during War Column movement due to the Tonkawa Scouts, but do the Scouts also negate my Harassment tactic? I'm dreading the answer...

Joel, I play more solitaire these days than FTF or Vassal, and I continue to enjoy both your efforts--wonderful games. Thanks.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The impact of Tonkawa Scouts occurs only "When Revealed", right? Not "While In-Play". So I would think the war column can reduce in strength during play after the card has been revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Cooper
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
You are probably correct--I guess the 'When Revealed' effect is simply that the Columns move 1 and don't reduce--no ongoing effect. Good catch. I think I may simply have jumped to the worst possible interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tonkowa Scouts effect only applies WHEN REVEALED. Your use of harassments and re-activations is legal. You are earning your war bonnet, a true mahimiana of The People!

-Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.