Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: "The first time you eradicate a disease " January spoiler rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Bignell
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Hi it mentions in the rules "the first time you eradicate a disease, invent a name for it, then write it's new name on the board in the disease tracking area"

Why do you have to write one and is it only for the first disease only. That would mean you would have a random name of a disease on the board and nothing else for the whole game?

Haven't played it yet. Playing it tonight and that rules confused me.

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The first time you eradicate each disease you name it. That is part of the legacy aspect of the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bignell
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Carnage994 wrote:
The first time you eradicate each disease you name it. That is part of the legacy aspect of the game.


Oh okay. So it's just for the thematic fun. It doesn't alter the game it's just to name each eradicated disease and we make up a new one each time we play it. But it doesn't remove those disease cubes permanently. We start Feb with 4 new diseases.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
As the rules say, the first time you eradicate each disease you give it a name, and write that name on the board. So you do that. It doesn't say that disease remains eradicated for future games, so it doesn't; the disease bounces back at the start of the following game.

Is it just thematic fun or not? As with everything else in Pandemic Legacy, do exactly what the rules say and find out later.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bignell
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
clivej wrote:
As the rules say, the first time you eradicate each disease you give it a name, and write that name on the board. So you do that. It doesn't say that disease remains eradicated for future games, so it doesn't; the disease bounces back at the start of the following game.

Is it just thematic fun or not? As with everything else in Pandemic Legacy, do exactly what the rules say and find out later.



I'm also confused by "positive mutations " I'm assuming that the legacy cards will make that more clear?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam Bignell wrote:
I'm also confused by "positive mutations " I'm assuming that the legacy cards will make that more clear?
No, that's in the base. You have a big sheet with a bunch of stickers, some of which are the positive mutations you can apply to diseases as game-end upgrades if you eradicate a disease. (They're in the upper-left, in blue.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you eradicated a disease, you can use one or both upgrades to add one or two positive mutation upgrade sticker. Each disease starts with level 1 up to level 4. At the start of campaign you have 4 lv1, 3 lv2, 2 lv3 and 1 lv4 sticker(s) on that large sticker sheet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Adam Bignell wrote:
I'm also confused by "positive mutations " I'm assuming that the legacy cards will make that more clear?

Re-read the "Positive Mutations" section in the bottom right of p14.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam Bignell wrote:
Carnage994 wrote:
The first time you eradicate each disease you name it. That is part of the legacy aspect of the game.


Oh okay. So it's just for the thematic fun. It doesn't alter the game it's just to name each eradicated disease and we make up a new one each time we play it. But it doesn't remove those disease cubes permanently. We start Feb with 4 new diseases.


You name each colour once, not each time you eradicate it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.