First Martians: Adventures on the Red Planet» Forums » General

Subject: New Stretch Goals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathanael Weston
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://portalgames.pl/new_en/first-martians-adventure-on-the...

I can't say that I care about the logo sticker, but I would love the additional events and player aid. Way to go Portal Games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Roberts
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm - shouldn't a player aid be pretty much standard rather than the 7th stretch goal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gingras
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I'm super stocked about this game, but I still can't justify paying $50 more than the retail release. I agree that the player aid should be standard.

Stickers... Really?!?! How about a pen or a key chain next?

Come on Portal! Give us something better as a stretch goal!!! Give me a reason to spend $110 CAD on your game! I challenge you Portal Games!!!! Make me spend more money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@neil - yeah this seems a bit weird. it would be like having a printed manual a stretch vs just having it in the app...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
The stretch goals are all rubbish. Sure washed minis are fine, but its not hard to do yourself and barely any different from unwashed. Who wants cheats and codes? If I can't beat the game by skill I'm not going to cheat. Sure the game book is nice, but how much does it really add? Logo stickers? Straight in the bin - waste of trees. Player aids?!? This should be a standard component, not a stretch goal. And if it isn't reached does that mean no copies will have them at all? The only one that is any good is additional events, thats the sort of thing stretch goals should be. Not asking for masses and masses of extra content, just a couple small things that actually add to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irek Winnicki
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
badge
why so serious
mbmbmbmbmb
Retail version will have player aid on last page of rule book in preorder they add bonus sheet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These stretch goals are a joke right..... I will wait and just pay way less thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
NezRobbo wrote:
Hmm - shouldn't a player aid be pretty much standard rather than the 7th stretch goal?

In an 85€ (Eu) game no less... surprise soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I care about right now is which son of a gun stole all the cookies from the Mars base kitchen?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Roberts
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
All I care about right now is which son of a gun stole all the cookies from the Mars base kitchen?!

Crumbs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
The stretch goals are all rubbish. Sure washed minis are fine, but its not hard to do yourself and barely any different from unwashed. Who wants cheats and codes? If I can't beat the game by skill I'm not going to cheat. Sure the game book is nice, but how much does it really add? Logo stickers? Straight in the bin - waste of trees. Player aids?!? This should be a standard component, not a stretch goal. And if it isn't reached does that mean no copies will have them at all? The only one that is any good is additional events, thats the sort of thing stretch goals should be. Not asking for masses and masses of extra content, just a couple small things that actually add to the game.

So just to be clear, you're excited for the stretch goals then yeah?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The game comes with Player Aid at the last page of the rulebook. We are sorry for confusion. We will reword the description of Player aid stretch goal first thing in the morning tomorrow.

This stretch goal is for additional Player Aid that is printed separately to increase comfort of the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bijan Ajamlou
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Comon Ignacy. Player aids and stickers as stretch goal is embarrassing. What is the next stretch goals. Rules? then after that the gameboard...

Either have a preview section and dont use the word stretch goal or add real stretch goals.

Real stretch goals could be extra cards, improved tokens, improved start player token (a real 3d astronut. A pree mission on earth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bijanajamlou wrote:
Comon Ignacy. Player aids and stickers as stretch goal is embarrassing. What is the next stretch goals. Rules? then after that the gameboard...

Either have a preview section and dont use the word stretch goal or add real stretch goals.

Real stretch goals could be extra cards, improved tokens, improved start player token (a real 3d astronut. A pree mission on earth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
renold de c
msg tools
Well, these stretch goals might not be very impressive, just nice, but for me (and a lot of guys around the world, I think) game on preorder costs only 10$ more, than the retail shipped from USA (85$ with shipping vs. 75$).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only reasons I'm even vaguely considering pre-ordering at this point are the transparent markers, event cards, and maybe the gamebook.

The player aid should really be included in the box - ideally one for each player.

Everything else, this far, is very meh.

Question is, are those worth the (estimated) extra £25-£35? Not really sure.

I'm probably at about 75% likely to pre-order at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ryan
msg tools
While I did pre-order the game, I too find that the stretch goals are not very exciting. A sticker? I really do not care for stickers, and will not use it. An extra player aid, might be nice, but should probably be included in the base game. Most of these stretch goals are things that others could easily reproduce and added to any game. Minis painted with a wash, an extra copy of the player guide, a sticker?, etc, does not make pre-ordering the game feel very special. Stretch goals should be something exclusive and not easily replicated (yes, pre-orders do get a special printing, and that will hopefully mean slightly higher quality components) like special minis, special dice, special tokens, special cards (can be duplicated, but we would have originals), etc. I knows costs need to be considered, but it would be nice to say "Yeah, I got this cool thing because I pre-ordered the game directly from the company".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hanna
Denmark
København V
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignacy,

Thanks for unlocking more goals. I'm excited to see how the game turns out in the final preorder version. And can't wait to play it

One question: Will some of stretch goals be in the final retail version as well? I'm asking because I own Robinson Crusoe (2nd) which already contains a separate player aid, which works perfectly for the game.

- The sticker stretch goal is not a very interesting goal. I think it drags down your entire campaign.
- The player aid stretch goal is like saying: If you want a more intuitive experience playing my game, you have to help me sell more games. I think we all hope for and expect an intuitive experience when buying a game from Portal games. And maybe even from any other publisher out there.

Best,
Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tonyhanna wrote:
Ignacy,

One question: Will some of stretch goals be in the final retail version as well? I'm asking because I own Robinson Crusoe (2nd) which already contains a separate player aid, which works perfectly for the game.

Ignacy's last tweet seems to be a reaction to the forum's backlash: additional player aids are being added to the stretch goal, as well as 1 player aid for the retail version (which a board game for 85€ should have): https://twitter.com/trzewik/status/821053026509189120
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Weston
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woah. I meant this to be a happy thread! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Roberts
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nathanaelsmith88 wrote:

Apologies for bringing it down.

I have actually pre-ordered the game and I'm filled with anticipation for it. I'm just not that jazzed about these incentives being offered.

The only stretch goals I'm interested in are
1) the upgraded tokens - but there are exactly 3 of them.
2) the new events (not yet unlocked). But these are to be fan-made, and will have approx zero time for proper play-testing. Use with caution then.

If all of the incentives were not included, and were offered separately, I honestly don't think I'd buy any of them. (well maybe the events)

Still can't wait to play the actual game though.

[edit to add] Maybe there are better ones to be revealed. Would be nice to know what they might be in advance. I've never seen a campaign offer incentives after they have been met before. Incentives need to be up front to draw people in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nathanaelsmith88 wrote:

This is BGG !
Bitch.. Gripe.. Grouse
devil soblue gulp zombie sauron cry

Some people worry about health, their next meal, homelessness.

We complain about :
buying disappointing games, without checking them out first
game delivery times, when we know they rarely are sent 'on time'
games that make us 'play' with our friends, for to long

games we don't have to buy to begin with
whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
kskato wrote:
nathanaelsmith88 wrote:

This is BGG !
Bitch.. Gripe.. Grouse
devil soblue gulp zombie sauron cry

Some people worry about health, their next meal, homelessness.

We complain about :
buying disappointing games, without checking them out first
game delivery times, when we know they rarely are sent 'on time'
games that make us 'play' with our friends, for to long

games we don't have to buy to begin with
whistle

I read a lot of enthusiastic posts on BGG.

And I have seen in many communities members saying that especially their community likes to complain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your feedback.

I am realy very sorry to hear it, but I appreciate it. It's a lesson and we all learn.

I am sorry that adding small gifts (like sticker or additional player aid) was offending or disapointing to you. It was a gift, additional small piece that we wanted to give you additionaly with game at no cost. I thought it is nice small touch to the game.

After reaching 1500 copies in four days, we got very happy and got amazed with positive feedback for the campaign and I sat down with my production manager and tried to make it possible to add even more than we initially plannes and add few small gifts for you.

That's why we changed pace of the stretch goals today. As you can see they started to show at much closer pace, every 250 copies (instead of initial pace that was double previous). I thought that giving you few more small gifts would be nice and kind reaction to your support and for amazing feedback in first 4 days of campaign.

It turned out it was a bad idea and I received very negative reaction. You haven't perceived it as a nice small gifts but as a offending policy.

Once again let me apology all fans who supports us. I should stick to the initial plan and it is my fault to get too excited and ask my production to give me few more small things.

Once again I'd like to stress very clearly that I didn't mean to offend and disappoint anybody.

For anybody who feels bad with the campagin and who want to cancel their pre-order, please, contact our customer service and we will immediatelly accept your request. I am sorry we disappointed you.

I wish you all great time with the game, whatever you buy regular version or our version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sasinski
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They all are just old grumps.

We all love you (as two guys going fishing on a weekend kind of love).

I wish other publishers were so outgoing with such respect for the players. Investing two years of your life to create something for us, that's... that's just superb.

EDIT: You all just made me to make preorder, and I was not planning to. I hate you all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.